• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Took it to a decal place to have the Chip Clear bra put on. Guy wasent there, backed out of driveway and swiped his chain link fence, rear Diffuser is scratched and lower rear 1/4 scratched. Tried using compound and buffing but didn't work.
I'll take it to a shop this month and see if they can fix, otherwise $169.00 for diffuser, and probably $300-500 for paint.
Really bummed out and parked it. WTF

unrealford said:
Took it to a decal place to have the Chip Clear bra put on. Guy wasent there, backed out of driveway and swiped his chain link fence, rear Diffuser is scratched and lower rear 1/4 scratched. Tried using compound and buffing but didn't work.
I'll take it to a shop this month and see if they can fix, otherwise $169.00 for diffuser, and probably $300-500 for paint.
Really bummed out and parked it. WTF

Man that sucks. I had to have my '12 GT bumper repainted when I bumped into it with my Explorer in my own driveway lol. No cracks or damage just paint. It was around $4-500 to have the entire rear bumper painted, not just spot painted. And that was from a Ford dealer body shop.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: What did you do to your boss today?

ForceofWill said:
Man that sucks. I had to have my '12 GT bumper repainted when I bumped into it with my Explorer in my own driveway lol. No cracks or damage just paint. It was around $4-500 to have the entire rear bumper painted, not just spot painted. And that was from a Ford dealer body shop.

Grrrr, you just verified my estimate. Dam it sucks

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!

max5ive0 said:
I asked to see what was going on. I didnt get the cause of it but the technician was working with a drill and an easy out when I went back there. I politely asked him to not feel rushed, so it is staying the night. Made sure it would be kept inside. NERVOUS!!!

Max
What Ford Dealer did you take it to in the Detroit area? My brother is the GM at Russ Milne Ford in Mt. Clemens and they deal in Ford GT's, Bosses and Shelby's and he has a tech that only works on all the special cars to give them the TLC the owners are expecting.

Brian

What did you do to your boss today?

Thanks Brian, I will remember that and might go there next time for piece of mind. I am a Troy resident and want to help Troy business as much as possible , also its convenient. However, maybe for the Boss I might go out to RM. In the end, though, I have to give Elder Ford a positive review because at least customer service was very good, and they seemed as concerned with my car as I was. Car turned out fine even if it took longer than I expected.

Installed a MGW shifter and removed the sound tube. The MGW shifter is top notch quality providing super firm, short shifts. Installation was not too bad, about 2 hours by myself taking after watching the install video twice. All in all, a very productive day! :)

Added new custom stickers from http://www.trackdaysolutions.com/.

Thanks, Pete!

IMG_20130419_154652_043_zpsf5b943dd.jpg

IMG_20130419_154717_191_zpse8e28e4a.jpg

VoodooBoss

Rick

Nice work Pete. I need one of those with LF. ;D

1sgret said:
Installed a MGW shifter and removed the sound tube. The MGW shifter is top notch quality providing super firm, short shifts. Installation was not too bad, about 2 hours by myself taking after watching the install video twice. All in all, a very productive day! :)

Once you take the stock box out and put in the MGW you're like wtf is this Chinese cast box for the stock one lol. Like they say, once you go MGW, you don't go back.

Put some fresh rear end fliuid in, plus drilled and tapped the cover for drain and fill plugs.

Installed Borla stinger axlebacks, sounds good..next mod is oil seperator then shifte

ls110

John

Steve - Love the look of your car! The colors and graphics are awesome. You picked a great car to emulate and Pete is great to work with on the graphics.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.

Keavdog said:
Is that a corgi? Looks disappointed that it didn't get any stickers. ;D

Yep a Corgi...he sheds too much for stickers, they would only fall off

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel