The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

F.D. Sako said:
Ya, i can't get it out of my head!

I wasn't going fast, probably around 40mph, but i was accelerating. It was a combination of damp asphalt, cold tires, and advancetrac off. I lost control of the rear end and hit the curb perpendicular to the rear driver side wheel, so all the force was absorbed by axle, which shot the rear end away and the front end towards the curb. By that time i had counter steered and the front wheel was sticking out, which took the second hit.

i couldn't see any body/panel damage and hopefully no bent body either.
Drive safe everyone.

Sucks man but you're not alone. I stopped turning the advancetrac off after the first time my GT came around on me. Happens to lots of people with the 11+'s. These cars are surprisingly easy to come around with advancetrac off on the street.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Installed my Steeda urethane motor mounts. No pics cause this was as much of a biznitch as doing the headers, had to remove block mounts to get stock frame mounts out. Basically the same as headers so if you are planning on either do both and save a lot of cursing. Going for a test cruise now. Installed the red black combo of urethane isolators with a 1/4" drop to help CG. I'll report on NVH, throttle response and shift feel in a little while.

PS my stock mounts were in perfect shape, no goo leaked out and they looked and felt solid.
Steve

steveespo said:
Installed my Steeda urethane motor mounts. No pics cause this was as much of a biznitch as doing the headers, had to remove block mounts to get stock frame mounts out. Basically the same as headers so if you are planning on either do both and save a lot of cursing. Going for a test cruise now. Installed the red black combo of urethane isolators with a 1/4" drop to help CG. I'll report on NVH, throttle response and shift feel in a little while.

PS my stock mounts were in perfect shape, no goo leaked out and they looked and felt solid.
Steve
Cool looking forward to your review Steve. Yea my buddy suggested putting in the mounts while the engine was out for the headers. Looks like that's the time to do it.

Sweet looking Race Red. But all that work and you still have the union sticker on there? ;D

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!

F.D. Sako said:
Ya, i can't get it out of my head!

I wasn't going fast, probably around 40mph, but i was accelerating. It was a combination of damp asphalt, cold tires, and advancetrac off. I lost control of the rear end and hit the curb perpendicular to the rear driver side wheel, so all the force was absorbed by axle, which shot the rear end away and the front end towards the curb. By that time i had counter steered and the front wheel was sticking out, which took the second hit.

i couldn't see any body/panel damage and hopefully no bent body either.
Drive safe everyone.

When those Pirelli's are cold its like driving on ice. Glad no one was hurt.

Brian

What did you do to your boss today?

max5ive0 said:
Okay, my bad, I may have offended. If anyone saw my comment before i edited, I meant it in jest. People have different tastes, there is nothing wrong with that, brother. You do what you want to your car to make it yours and thats all that matters. I am looking to do some mods to mine that some people might not appreciate and I completely accept that. I also GREATLY appreciate Rick's excellent moderating and keeping this a friendly place. However, even with an edit, I realize somethings cant be unseen and I sincerely apologize if I offended BOSS343 or anyone else

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

cloud9 said:
Cool looking forward to your review Steve. Yea my buddy suggested putting in the mounts while the engine was out for the headers. Looks like that's the time to do it.

Went for a 50 Mile test drive to check out the motor mounts. Definite added vibration at idle and below 1500 rpm. Nothing horrible but more noise and a little more feeling in the butt and hands. Response to the throttle is more immediate, if only slightly. The whole car feels more crisp since I've done the extended ball joint/urethane bushing front control arms, bump steer correction tie rods, and now the more solid motor mounts all from Steeda. I am happy as there is no EPAS shimmy or shake and the front feels more planted and sharp with the correct roll center and stiffer pivots. All in all a + set of mods. Can't wait to get back on track May 2 at Lime Rock Park.
Steve

Justin said:
where did you get the boss 302 center caps?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/centercap-black-302.html

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

cloud9 said:
I got mine out and bbr mounts in without removing the motor mount plates and without cutting the studs off the OEM motor mounts. it was actually quite easy got it done in about an hour.....guess I should have done a how to on it.

BOSS343

Theory of 1

Justin,
TruForged did my wheels and center caps.

Cloud9,
When I talked to the fellas at Kenny Brown, Richard in particular they didn't have any final numbers. Unfortunately testing was still underway when Paul Brown passed. Maybe I should tell them if they provide fuel, wheels, tirs, my car would be happy to test! Now I just gotta get my hands on a WC front splitter...

Max5iveO,
I have no idea what you are talking about. I am a pretty hard person to offend. So unless you brought up family no worries here mate. I got a good sense of humor and enjoy sarcastic jesting. So no worries here mate.

More snow today. I think I'm going to lose my mind... :'( It's enough to make a guy move I tell ya.

askjeffro said:
More snow today. I think I'm going to lose my mind... :'( It's enough to make a guy move I tell ya.
I hear ya.....6" today :mad:.......snow shower on Wednesday afternoon......screw Al Gore. At least we're supposed to get 70s this weekend which SHOULD mean the end of this nonsense.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel