• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Got rid of my jenson 9424 radio and replaced it with a Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS. Now all I need is a obd2 wireless dongle and I will be able to display dash command screens on my stereo.

zzyzx

Steve
What did you do to your boss today?

Oil change - exactly 3000 miles since last. Switched to Ford Racing oil filter and installed a Fumoto valve so the next oil change is going to be pretty clean. :)

VoodooBoss

Rick

cloud9 said:
Slapped on a new set of DBA 5000 and 4000 rotors and Pagid RS14 and RS56 pads hoping it would bring spring. Went out and tested them in 37* F weather ::)

Here's a where's Waldo for you :eek:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Tire rub?

Were you able to use your old hats for the fronts or did you have to purchase new ones for the T3 design?

Installed a Dynotech one piece alum DS and a custom adjustable panhard bar from Rod End Supply. Steeda lowering springs and camber bolts going in Monday.

cloud9

Gary

NFSBOSS said:
Tire rub?

Were you able to use your old hats for the fronts or did you have to purchase new ones for the T3 design?
Yea looks like it so I'm glad I ground down that bolt on the sway bar end link. It's pretty minor but I'm not sure I remember seeing it before.

My old hats had probably 50-60 track days on them and at least 4 sets of rings. I warped my last set so bad at RA I decided it was best to start with some fresh hats. I figured the rings were so warped they might have even warped the hats. Regardless just decided better safe than sorry and thought I'd go with new ones.

VoodooBoss

Rick

cloud9 said:
Yea looks like it so I'm glad I ground down that bolt on the sway bar end link. It's pretty minor but I'm not sure I remember seeing it before.

My old hats had probably 50-60 track days on them and at least 4 sets of rings. I warped my last set so bad at RA I decided it was best to start with some fresh hats. I figured the rings were so warped they might have even warped the hats. Regardless just decided better safe than sorry and thought I'd go with new ones.
Good call on the hats. Are the hats the same for the old and new style rings? Were the Nitto's rubbing or the slicks?

cloud9

Gary

NFSBOSS said:
Good call on the hats. Are the hats the same for the old and new style rings? Were the Nitto's rubbing or the slicks?
Dimensionally they are the same since you can use either ring style with the hats. They look a little different but I'm sure it's because they have fresh black paint on them and not bronze looking from being heat cycled so often :eek:

I'm not sure what was rubbing but if I had to guess it was the Nittos. The slicks have a really stiff sidewall and don't bulge outside the rim like a DOT tire does to protect the rims against curbs etc.

A little hard to see but it's snowing again. Hard to believe I was actually driving my Boss earlier today. This is getting ridiculous :mad:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I stared at my Boss today. Still waiting for the recent ~2 ft of snow to melt off...

I explained to a 370Z owner why it isnt smart to pull up beside a Boss and rev your engine, smile and nod.

Well, today i decided to shave some weight, and try the following formula...

((stupidity*noob)^2)(physics)

the result was simply :'( and three wheeled boss.

IMAG0221640x480_zps010dfd3d.jpg

IMAG0227640x480_zps309db7b5.jpg

IMAG0228640x480_zpsce33959d.jpg

IMAG0229640x480_zpsf23a614e.jpg

IMAG0223640x480_zpsc4ae418b.jpg

I'm glad i was smart enough to try my stupidity when no one was around to get hurt...

F.D. Sako said:
Well, today i decided to shave some weight, and try the following formula...

((stupidity*noob)^2)(physics)

the result was simply :'( and three wheeled boss.

I'm glad i was smart enough to try my stupidity when no one was around to get hurt...
WTF DID YOU DO????

askjeffro said:
I stared at my Boss today. Still waiting for the recent ~2 ft of snow to melt off...

Well, I looked at pics of my Boss today. Won't be home to drive it for 3 weeks. Don't know which is worse. :eek:

Ya, i can't get it out of my head!

I wasn't going fast, probably around 40mph, but i was accelerating. It was a combination of damp asphalt, cold tires, and advancetrac off. I lost control of the rear end and hit the curb perpendicular to the rear driver side wheel, so all the force was absorbed by axle, which shot the rear end away and the front end towards the curb. By that time i had counter steered and the front wheel was sticking out, which took the second hit.

i couldn't see any body/panel damage and hopefully no bent body either.
Drive safe everyone.

Took her to breakfast. A bunch of us do every Sunday morning. Boss, Mustangs and Vette's. then I let it eat out on a stretch of Rt. 100. Absolutely love this car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel