The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Polished out the swirls in my wheels. Took out the rear fender liners and found about half a pound of tiny stones! Then applied another coat of Adams patriot wax.

Installed my MGW today. Much much better, Still can't believe they put that turd of a shifter in a race car.

Got the '11/'12 GT500 mufflers painted and installed. The black color and lack of small inner pipes makes a big difference in appearance. Now if it will stop raining I'll take it out to check out the sound - it's a definite improvement while idling and revving while stationary.

DSCN3434_zps84d6d2f9.jpg

DSCN3435_zpsdc1c055b.jpg

DSCN3436_zps23761b61.jpg

GottaBoss said:
Got the '11/'12 GT500 mufflers painted and installed. The black color and lack of small inner pipes makes a big difference in appearance. Now if it will stop raining I'll take it out to check out the sound - it's a definite improvement while idling and revving while stationary.

Exhaust looks great.

Quick tip, this isn't OZ, it won't melt in the rain. You can get it wet. ;D

NewBossowner said:
Exhaust looks great.

Quick tip, this isn't OZ, it won't melt in the rain. You can get it wet. ;D

Thanks.

Yes, it's been wet and will be wet again. I just don't need to go anywhere right now so why get it dirty?

GottaBoss said:
Thanks.

Yes, it's been wet and will be wet again. I just don't need to go anywhere right now so why get it dirty?

Just poking a little fun. Why get dirty? SO YOU CAN DRIVE IT !!!!!!!!!!! :D

NewBossowner said:
Why get dirty? SO YOU CAN DRIVE IT !!!!!!!!!!! :D

Remember>>>if you read it on the internet it has to be true. Not allowed to print it if it wasn't..So there, you must drive your boss in the rain and get it dirty.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!

GottaBoss said:

DSCN3436_zps23761b61.jpg

I put them on my Boss and love the sound. The gurgle you get at lower RPM's when you let off the gas sounds great too.

Brian

SC BOSS said:
how much for the gt500 grill? Definitely looks to flow a lot more air!! i need this for Barber in the Middle of JULY!! gonna be HOT!!

i got it for $190 shipped from summit racing

it did not show on their site but i called and asked and they can order

now i just need to find time to work on lower grille

Removed the foam side and front sound insulation panels. Had some plastic bolt caps lying around that I used to cover the panel studs for a more finished look.

For those contemplating doing this, it is easy, but you do have to be careful... on the pass side panel there's a long tab that sticks down between the hoses and intake runners, and will rip easily if you're not careful when pulling it out (ask me how I know :/). Helps if you unbolt the pass side strut brace and pull it up to give more clearance.

IMG_3722_zpsd8df3f32.jpg
IMG_3721_zps5dfcd107.jpg

As for the rear foam panel... if you remove the intake tube you can easily reach back under the intake and get to it, and then gingerly pull it forward through the intake to get it out. But... there's a sensor wire bundle routing right through the middle of the rear panel. So, will need to cut a slot (or something) in the rear panel to free the sensor wire bundle so the panel can be removed freely. Maybe do that later today. Or maybe just just not bother with it.

What did you do to your boss today?

I made an attempt to self apply a Clear bra using Plastidip. First time I've used Plastidip on a large surface, and I used a sprayer. I like how it is temporary, inexpensive, and fairly easy to apply and remove. However, it ain't beautiful, but I am keeping fingers crossed that it will save me some rock and debris damage. And I think I could use some more practice!a5usany8.jpg
equvedy4.jpgype9u2yt.jpg tuqy8y8y2.jpg

Confirmed that the Airaid 453-174 (Parnelli Jones) CAI was shipped. Also, that the Griggs Racing Torque Arm kit was at the installer's shop

Received my custom Tunes from Shaun at AED.

Installation by next Friday.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel