The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Prepped my Boss for a track day at Laguna Seca next Thursday. Yeah!

Installed my stock exhaust discs so I pass the 90 db sound limit at Laguna Seca next Thursday. Boo.

Funny thing is I have never heard my Boss with the stock exhaust discs. I had 1/2" installed by the dealer before I picked up my car then quickly moved to 7/8". When I push the fun pedal the car still goes but it doesn't sound nearly as good.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

NFSBOSS said:

Installed my stock exhaust discs so I pass the 90 db sound limit at Laguna Seca next Thursday. Boo.

Funny thing is I have never heard my Boss with the stock exhaust discs. I had 1/2" installed by the dealer before I picked up my car then quickly moved to 7/8". When I push the fun pedal the car still goes but it doesn't sound nearly as good.
feel any power difference? another member says he feels a power difference with different sizes etc

got the entire cold side finished on this build. if i was not a patient man i woulda done some crazy stuff with this build. its a rough one.

i did all the final assembly today after needing to make a few clearance issues go away.
all is seemingly well now and i expect to install the nose this weekend and start working on the down pipes. thats going to be a complete rebuild in my opinion. things are a little too tight for my liking. so i am going to make some room.

once i get the cat delete pipe in ill be able to get all that done.

in the mean time i will get the return line plumbed in. i finished out the oil feeds today. all seemed to work well. got the alternator back on it too. so it almost buttoned up for good.

got my tuner picked out also. place called super high performance. seems to be knowledgable enough to do it right. i am going to run a modified injector. a 47 pound ford flowing over 900 cc...so i can run the e85 i have been talking about. i will upgrade to a decent fuel pump ect...looking at the f9000267 walbro right now. about a 430 lph pump.

Justin

gremlinsteve said:
got the entire cold side finished on this build. if i was not a patient man i woulda done some crazy stuff with this build. its a rough one.

i did all the final assembly today after needing to make a few clearance issues go away.
all is seemingly well now and i expect to install the nose this weekend and start working on the down pipes. thats going to be a complete rebuild in my opinion. things are a little too tight for my liking. so i am going to make some room.

once i get the cat delete pipe in ill be able to get all that done.

in the mean time i will get the return line plumbed in. i finished out the oil feeds today. all seemed to work well. got the alternator back on it too. so it almost buttoned up for good.

got my tuner picked out also. place called super high performance. seems to be knowledgable enough to do it right. i am going to run a modified injector. a 47 pound ford flowing over 900 cc...so i can run the e85 i have been talking about. i will upgrade to a decent fuel pump ect...looking at the f9000267 walbro right now. about a 430 lph pump.
I will ship them out on monday :)

NFSBOSS said:

Can't wait for Thursday!

I gutted the interior from the B pillar back today and installed my CoolTech bar. Always a bear.

When I went to install the exhaust discs to pass noise I noticed that I COULD NOT BUDGE the wrench to remove the two nuts on the side pipes. Some moron who owned the car before me had them somewhere in the neighborhood of 150 lbs/ft... WTF. I had use my foot while hold the car to turn the wrench. After some time with a die and tap I got them to actually work, but WTF.... Also noticed the a/h didn't mention the complete grindage going the length of the pinch weld between the pass side wheels. WTF. Plastic side skirt is ground to hell as well. Last time I ever buy a car unseen.

In the past two days, I initially decided to remove the whiteline lower reloc brackets to troubleshoot a slight pull the right after install....instead pulled the LCAs off and painted the arms and brackets GHIG, then reassembled,

rPaintedLCAsandbracketsResized-1.jpg

leftrearassmebledresized.jpg

a rear shot of them installed:

rearundershotresized2.jpg

The next day:

CoilCoversJune13.jpg

still sitting on the fence on pulling the center console and radio bezel to spray them and call it quits..:)

For the Father's out there...Happy Fathers ya'll!

tmiit71 said:
still sitting on the fence on pulling the center console and radio bezel to spray them and call it quits..:)

For the Father's out there...Happy Fathers ya'll!
Another member, captaindistraction, has a 2011 yellow blaze GT/Boss clone and painted his center console pieces the same color as his car and I like the look. You're car is already over the top looking so why not give it a try? Lots of Porsche's come with a similar look.

FYI TruCarbon already has the center console in CF and is going to make the control console in CF. I called them and the second piece should be available shortly. They also just released the 2013 hood vents in CF.

http://www.trucarbon.net/category_s/52.htm

TC10025-LG122-2.jpg

Justin

finished up my header install yesterday. I am loving the sound. quieter then the car was with the cat deletes. hear is a video of it in the garage after I was done. I included what sounds the centerforce makes that I talk about all the time.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP2uXLzXbHI[/youtube]

Bench tested by QTP electric exhaust cutouts. They worked like a charm. I'll be waiting to install them until our grand daughter leaves - things are a bit hectic when she's around. :D

drove the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton Nova Scotia this weekend. HOLY AMAZING!!! anyone looking for a great vacation in or around the area this is it. was about 2000 miles from Thursday to today. stock photo I'll put up a trip report when i sort through some of the pictures:
cabottrail1.jpg

This was actually a week or so ago, but I think it's still worth mentioning........got my ass HANDED TO ME....by what turned out to be a really nice guy in what looked like a black '12 GT with orange stripes. Now before I get any heckling from anyone, the guy told me(like 8 minutes later, when I finally caught up to him at the light) that he was running a twin turbo, E85 setup. The guy literally passed me like I was standing still. It was really less of a race, and more of me laughing my ass off when the guy just FLEW BY me. It was actually awesome! LOL! The guy told me that he routinely runs in the 9's. After taking the beating that I took, I wouldn't doubt it.

Jeff said:
drove the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton Nova Scotia this weekend. HOLY AMAZING!!! anyone looking for a great vacation in or around the area this is it. was about 2000 miles from Thursday to today. stock photo I'll put up a trip report when i sort through some of the pictures:
cabottrail1.jpg
That looks like fun. 8)

almost finished with the new down pipe for the drivers side of the car.
starting on the passenger side down pipe tomorrow if the heat doesnt kill me first.
ill then plumb out the vacuum system running to the waste gates and the bov in hard stainless.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel