The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

no it sure is the real deal. 91 with 3500 miles. lots of drooling.

Jeff said:
just came from a buddies to see a new to him car was pretty impressive.
null_zpscf3a59b1.jpg
My all-time favorite car. He's one lucky guy. Is he actually going to drive it or will it go in a collection? Can you post up what he paid for it? And more importantly did you get to drive or ride in it? If so what did you think? There still aren't many cars faster than that bad boy. I imagine the turbo hit is quite a rush with no nannies. 8)

Put my stock wheel back on and waxed her up. Taking her and my GF to dinner and movie now. I haven't driven her 2 weeks since I got back from Sebring....Man I missed the BOSS!!

NFSBOSS said:
My all-time favorite car. He's one lucky guy. Is he actually going to drive it or will it go in a collection? Can you post up what he paid for it? And more importantly did you get to drive or ride in it? If so what did you think? There still aren't many cars faster than that bad boy. I imagine the turbo hit is quite a rush with no nannies. 8)

it was bought to be driven. we did go for a ride it was even more than i expected truly an amazing car i didn't even ask to drive and i'm probably too tall anyway it's a tiny tiny car. i then followed him for a good ride in his 458 (that was an outstanding car) it could have been a camry not a single second look when driving behind an f40. as for price i have no idea my guess given the condition between 600-800k?

Jeff said:
it was bought to be driven. we did go for a ride it was even more than i expected truly an amazing car i didn't even ask to drive and i'm probably too tall anyway it's a tiny tiny car. i then followed him for a good ride in his 458 (that was an outstanding car) it could have been a camry not a single second look when driving behind an f40. as for price i have no idea my guess given the condition between 600-800k?
Cool, I'm jealous. I bet the F40 hits redline in the lower gears in what must seem like instantly. Those 458 are awesome too. I'm surprised how many I've seen at tracks here in NorCal.

Pulled the nose of the car off
Mounting a really large inter cooler
Dropped the coolant out of her also since I am going to remount the fuse box and PCM.
The car has some neat little air deflectors stock behind the grill that dict all incoming air to the conddensor core and radiator. I found it interesting

Installed Cortex lcas, will post impressions soon. Excellent quality pieces.

What size are those CF10 wheels? 19? 20? I have been searching for pictures of your car all over, but could only find the one American Muscle and Forgestar use for PR. I didnt know you were right here all along. Great looking car and awesome wheel choice. Your the only one who has deep concaves on a Boss.

Smilieboy said:
My Boss made a new friend yesterday and i got an updated shot of my favorite picture with the car in almost the exact same lighting.

DSCF3164_zpsa0b59a71.jpg

Old shot

256373_516239991726153_470919102_o.jpg

New shot

DSCF3168_zpse8d717f1.jpg

over the past couple of weekends, i've installed quite a bit on my 2013 Boss..

1. Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake lines
2. Kenny Brown Jacking rails
3. FRPP Transmission cooling Scoop
4. FRPP Brake Duct Coolers
5. Bob's Auto Differential Reservoir
6. FRPP Leguna Seca Wheels
7. Continental DSW Tires
8. Giro Disc 2- Piece Slotted Rotors On front
9. Raybestos ST43 Racing Pads Fr
10. Performance Friction Pads Rear
11. Cooltech Roll Bar - Race Red (see my install thread for pics)
12. Cooltech 6 Pt Harnesses
13. FRPP Rear Seat Delete Kit
14. SVT FRPP 2011 GT500 Exhaust
15. FRPP ARP Wheel Studs

Getting her ready for Road Atlanta (With MVP) on 6/22-6/23, Barber Motorsports park (with Chin Motorsports) on 7/13-7/14, Hastings, NE (9/22-23), VIR (with Chin) on 10/27-10/28, and Road Atlanta again in November!

can't wait to get her out on the track in a couple weeks!!

Car up on lift:
caronlift.jpg

Girodiscs Installed:
Girodiscinstalled.jpg

Loaded up:
loadedontrailer.jpg

installed the drivers side manifold today. started to reroute some wiring looms and looking at brake lines.
about to go make some new intercooler brackets.

busy couple days getting parts on that i have had

boss 302s wheels/tires

was almost dark, will get better pics this weekend

20130610_205416_zps5055003e.jpg

isrboss

Installed Scott Drake adjustable front sway bar end links, and dialed out sway bar preload with my weight in drivers seat.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel