The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Man... Sorry to hear that Steve...Glad you're ok and I'm sure you'll have it back together in no time.

Logan,nice job on the spoiler. I've been waiting to see one of those installed.

steveespo said:
Sorry thought everyone might have heard. On Sunday night returning from VIR my trailer was rear ended and I was jackknifed around. Other driver ran up the left side of the trailer knocking the Mustang sideways halfway off the trailer, thank God the front straps held. Damage to the Mustang is left quarter and doo, right fender, rear bumper cover, all of the front plastic except the grille. Rest of the car is good about $10k worth of damage.

Truck and trailer are both totaled. The truck has damage on every panel except the hood. Frame in the rear is twisted. Every wheel damaged, 2 are shattered. Airbags went off. Trailer has both axles bent, wheels banged and the triangle part of the frame was ripped off by the hitch spring bar.

Only me and the other driver involved, I was 5 miles from home on I95. Miracle no other cars hit us. No injuries, I hit my head on the drivers side airbag curtain, saved me from serious head injury, also have a seatbelt stripe on my next. That's it. Many members, friends and the insurance agents at Progressive have been terrific. I will try and get some pics up soon. I'll start a rehab thread.
Thanks to all.
Steve

Great to hear that you're okay... that's the important part. What awful luck! No doubt you'll quickly get your car repaired and back in action on the track better than ever!

Tulsa, OK

CrazyHorse1847 said:
Dang Steve sorry to hear about the accident. Glad you aren't hurt to badly.

Logan, the spoiler looks great. I've been debating switching to the Steeda spoiler. So the outer holes aren't covered by the new spoiler ?

I spent a few hours with my Dremel turning an extra Boss grille into a 302S grille. Just need to cut out a few more sections and get some wire mesh for the fog light holes.

Thanks Brad. Yes the outer holes will be exposed with this spoiler. Once I find the right plugs I'll just throw some touch-up paint on them and it will hardly be noticeable.

Post up some pics of your grille when you get done with it. I've always considered doing that to my GT grille. I ended up just ordering a GT grille surround and will use that on track days. It will basically be like running no grille but looks a little cleaner than removing the whole thing.

Thanks NFS! The Steeda spoiler in white would look nice on your KB...

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Steve: Yikes, sounds like quite the collision. Glad to hear you are OK! Make sure you follow up on any aches etc, if your hands or wrists hurt that can actually be a sign of neck injury.

If there is a "positive" side to this, it's that I first assumed that you wrecked at the track. So at least since it happened on the highway, your insurance should cover the replacement/repair costs.

What are you planning for a replacement tow rig at this point?

It was great to meet you at VIR. Sorry to hear about your accident, I'm glad you are ok. Speedy recovery! Great job fixing that guys rear bumper at the track. If you anything PM me.

Glad your okay Steve. The magnitude of the collision is surprising, was the guy drunk? How do you collide with and climb up a trailer on the freeway??? But again, glad your okay as these things can lead to much worse outcomes. Im sure this is just a hurdle in your track program. Remember, we must rebuild, we have the technology, better, stronger, faster!

Steve, I don't know where on I95 you had your accident...it's a jungle out there all along the northeast corridor, especially in Fairfield county, outside NYC, where I am. Sorry to hear about your damages, but like others have said your health is most important. Other things can be fixed or replaced. Please post updates when you feel better.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Bob, Guys
Thanks again for the well wishes. Accident happened just about 1 mile north of the tolls and 1 mile before Mamaroneck exit 18. 5 minutes from home. I am going to start a resurrection of the 21 car thread so let's get this thread back to showing off all the great things we do to and with our cars each day.
Thanks again
Steve

What did you do to your boss today?

Installed Borla S-type axlebacks and the 7/8" plate in side pipes and I don't think I could imagine a better combo for me and my street use. No drone, loud most of the time, but very well mannered when needed, especially at highway cruising speed. Plus, those 4.5" tips fill the valence nicely, I think. My new favorite mod for this car!
yjy7ygag.jpgpe3yhe9u.jpg

Had the BOSS FORD Racing specific springs installed today along with STEEDA adjustable Panhard bar and brace.
Steve

Link:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.574864025891841.1073741852.105355792842669&type=1#!/themustangshop

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az

installed Scott's oil breather system (a literal 5-minute install):

oilcan.jpg

I need to wash the car bad, and detail the engine bay, but its looking pretty racey with all the AN10 lines that have been added as of late.

Also used some promotional credit to order a set of LCA's and relo brackets from AM (almost let the damn credit expire, so very unlike me). Bang for buck will be very nice given that very few bucks were given. Blame to ArizonaGT, since he let me thrash on his car, and the difference in launch and shift characteristic is crazy given how otherwise similar our cars' setups are. Mine has way too much squat and resultant bind/hop in comparison.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: What did you do to your boss today?

max5ive0 said:
Installed Borla S-type axlebacks and the 7/8" plate in side pipes and I don't think I could imagine a better combo for me and my street use. No drone, loud most of the time, but very well mannered when needed, especially at highway cruising speed. Plus, those 4.5" tips fill the valence nicely, I think. My new favorite mod for this car!
yjy7ygag.jpgpe3yhe9u.jpg
Not sure if it's the way your parked or what, but you car looks like it has airBAGS. ;D

drano38

Wayne

Finished the Whiteline Watts link install tonight.
That was more work than I thought it would be.
But if it drives as good as it looks, I'll be in great shape for my next track day.
I'll add more info and pics to my Tech Suspension Makeover thread when I have more time.

Tulsa, OK

Added some plugs to cover up the holes left by the factory spoiler. I found two plastic plugs at Autozone and painted them with touch-up paint. I also used some silicone to waterproof the plug. Turned out better than I thought!

Also removed the rear bumper in preparation for my tow 302s tow hook installation this weekend.

E3B-1A0109B5D970-6323-0000056744A6469E_zps609733c3.jpg

54F-9AF25E4BB877-6323-000005671742BB3F_zpsf27ff2ad.jpg

isrboss

Got a lot done today! Installed new OEM front Brake pads, refinished front rotors, flushed brake fluid, rotated tires, new lug nuts, new BMR panhard brace, used SLP Loudmouth axle back. With the FRPP X pipe and no mufflers the sound is great, a tad poppy on deceleration though with trackey. Cheers everyone!

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az

dropped the car off to have the front end repainted. Was never too happy with how the paint on the tiger hood and 302 grille came out, and after hitting a box on the road, I had some damage needing attention. Luckily Geico is fully covering me, and the painter has a large incentive check to get the job done right this time.

TMO Supporting Vendors