The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

captdistraction said:
installed Scott's oil breather system (a literal 5-minute install):

ArizonaGT said:
If you're talking about Scott's breather kit....

Looks good :) but you guys are killing me with these comments. I'm just copying what was out there before I even knew about them, not to mention the bracket was made by another member. It is kind of nice to know something I worked on are on cars all around the US, Canada and even England.

drano38

Wayne

My breather from Scott still sits in the box--been too busy putting my suspension in.

Aligned the front end today after installing the Koni struts, Steeda springs.
-2.4 degrees camber
7.0 degrees caster
0 toe

drano38

Wayne

YellowBoss said:
Thought it was a easy snap on no work done in seconds install? False advertising? Lawsuit?

I'm sure it will be an easy install!
But I've been up until 11:00 or midnight for several nights working on the Watts link. My fun meter is pegged for car work at this point.
So the breather going in as planned in minutes will be appreciated. Maybe Saturday.

Got the hotside almost finished on passenger side of the car
Had a snafu removing o2 extensions but its life and well deal with it

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego

washed #1804 and posed in front of the jacaranda tree now in bloom.

just noticed the red tailed hawk flying into the picture from the left.

59e24c10-1315-460a-abbd-2c408612f0e9_zps51ee21d6.jpg

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal

Ordered a pair of 194 LED replacement bulbs for the overhead lamps in the overhead console. Replaced the yellow standard bulbs with these (superbrightleds.com part number WLED-NW5 natural white LED).

These work very well. Much brighter and whiter than the original bulbs. Also, you replace these by removing the clear lens in the housing as the bulb portion is too large to fit through the hole. The lens naps out with a small screwdriver. MAKE SURE that you don't try to pry out the larger of the three plastic tangs in the lens. Pry each of the smaller ones out first and the lens hinges down at the larger tang. I can take photos if anyone wishes but there are plenty of you tube videos about this change.

John

aarcox2013

New Boss In Town

Today I had the track key installed. About to wash and wax her for the car show tomorrow. Opened the exhaust, too. What a lovely day! 8)

Just washed and detailed my baby. Local cruise in tonite at Cabela's and going to my first Cars and Coffee tomorrow in Austin.

roadhouse said:
Sucks to hear the extent of the damage Steve. Good luck getting everything sorted and as others have said, the most important thing is you're still in one piece.

I installed a Steeda spoiler on my car today. I think it turned out really nice. Still need to find something to plug the two outside holes on the trunk though...
FCF-B31741D0DF0A-1022-0000011A3E5D13A5_zpsab992bff.jpg

Really like the look of the spoiler, any idea as to whether it provides as much or similar downforce to the Kenny wing?

Sound tube delete today (thanks Blowfish Racing!). So with that, exhaust plate change, and hood lifts, I think I've done the "minimum must do mods." On to the bigger stuff...

Stopped at the weekly cruise in at Cabela's in Buda, TX tonite. Man this event has grown. Fair amount of new mustangs and was surprised to see six other Bosses. A 2012 White, CO and RR and 2013 RR, SBY LS and Black LS. My GB made lucky 7.

just came from a buddies to see a new to him car was pretty impressive.
null_zpscf3a59b1.jpg

Tulsa, OK

Brandon302 said:
Really like the look of the spoiler, any idea as to whether it provides as much or similar downforce to the Kenny wing?

I would imagine the KB wing would provide more downforce than this one. As to how much though I'm not really sure. I'll have my car out on the road course this next weekend so I'll see if any additional downforce is felt with this wing.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Re: Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Jeff said:
just came from a buddies to see a new to him car was pretty impressive.
null_zpscf3a59b1.jpg

Tell me it's not a Fiero.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.

I went for the best drive in my life along some twisty and one lane roads. I used my go pro but it died before we got to the good parts. The roads were in disrepair and I was in the hardest suspension setting so I was white-knuckling a bit but insanely fun.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel