The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

TMSBOSS said:
Thrust bearings?

Is it a clutch issue? Too much pressure on throw out bearing during release?

Car makes a ton of power and my goal was to run 9's with it. I put a fully built Freddy Brown AOD in it to make the car more manageable and consistent. Been having the problem ever since. I believe it's the very stiff JW flex plate that's causing the issue. In any event, I'm going back to a 6 speed.

Maui

Put in the Airaid CAI... Finally.
960074_10152034704598704_505613268_n.jpg

cosm3os said:
I'm still waiting for my MM plates so I can start opening the 7 boxes of goodies sitting on my garage floor!

Back when I was on an Audi forum, we called that "on the bed." Guys would take photos of their new aftermarket parts on their beds, probably because most of these guys were young and still in small apartments and the bed was the only suitable open place to get a good picture. After awhile, it became such a thing that "on the bed" came to mean parts that were waiting to be installed. It would even be in signature lines. Like this:

2012 Boss 302 #926
Exterior Mods: FRPP Brake Cooling Ducts, FRPP Transmission Cooling Scoop
Interior Mods: FRPP Gauge Pod with Innovate Gauges
On the Bed: P-Springs, Watson Racing roll bar, MM camber plates, MM panhard bar

I actually did an "on the bed" photo a few months ago and never got around to posting it. It's actually missing the three things I just mentioned! I'm gonna need a bigger bed!

onthebed.jpg

Ha! I'd have to lug everything up four flights of stairs (I live in one of those vertical townhouses) and my wife would kill me. So this will have to do.

On the Bed:
Koni Yellows
Steeda Sports
Strano bars
Steeda panhard

Jimmy Pribble said:
Back when I was on an Audi forum, we called that "on the bed." Guys would take photos of their new aftermarket parts on their beds, probably because most of these guys were young and still in small apartments and the bed was the only suitable open place to get a good picture. After awhile, it became such a thing that "on the bed" came to mean parts that were waiting to be installed. It would even be in signature lines. Like this:

2012 Boss 302 #926
Exterior Mods: FRPP Brake Cooling Ducts, FRPP Transmission Cooling Scoop
Interior Mods: FRPP Gauge Pod with Innovate Gauges
On the Bed: P-Springs, Watson Racing roll bar, MM camber plates, MM panhard bar

I actually did an "on the bed" photo a few months ago and never got around to posting it. It's actually missing the three things I just mentioned! I'm gonna need a bigger bed!

onthebed.jpg

Carbon Fiber Trunk lid?

mounted the new tire, after a puncture in the old one.
thinking about patched the old one up and possibly using it as a spare down the line.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

RoushF150 said:
On the weekend I installed a Moroso Expansion Tank and Oil Separator.

DSCN0580_zpsa79f67bd.jpg

DSCN0579_zps0aa6a1e5.jpg

DSCN0578_zpsa0071044.jpg

RoushF150,

How do you like your Moroso Coolant tank? Looks like a direct bolt on project which hopefully was an easy mod. I am considering doing this to my Boss as well and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Kirk

johnrehder

New Boss 302 LS owner

I installed my Air Raid carbon fiber cold air intake and my Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, 295 in the back and 265 in the front. the tires look and ride great too. ;D

Picture from the car show at Summit Racing in Mcdonough, GA.

http://briankkreuser.smugmug.com/Photography/Vehicles/SREs-Toys-for-Tots-Santa/i-sZx9vB5/A

I left it at home for the second day in a row because of this

2013-12-09201640_zpsdb30898d.png

steveespo said:
I have the Tru Carbon decklid on my car. saved 10lbs with RTR spoiler vs Stock with Camera Spoiler.
Steve
Thanks Steve, I appreciate the info :)

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

yesterday I installed some spark plug anti foulers on the rear O2 sensors so far now CEL as I am not running cats with my TK programming.

I also a few days ago installed my AIRAID CF CAI. Which lead me to buy more CF parts for under the hood to match it.

TMO Supporting Vendors