• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VoodooBoss

Rick
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Uploaded a photo onto the NAV in my wife's Fusion.

IMG_3226_zps1ae8dcd1.jpg

^that dip stick burn your hand yet? lol
I'd imagine it would get warmer than the plastic one.

Love the Blue Billet look. Just wish they made a complete set for the Boss. (oil-dip stick-coolant-brake-windshield washer-AC cap). They make it for the GT500 but not the 5.0. If anyone knows different please post up!!

they do make blue for the 5.0

see it here

http://www.bangastang.com/_e/Mustang_Engine_Caps/product/50ENGCPS/5_0_Mustang_Engine_Caps.htm

258mflj.jpg
205w595.jpg

Took the JLT off and went with K&N breathers. My throttle body still got dirty with the JLT, only after 2000 miles. Hopefully this is the fix. I have part numbers if anyone needs. I know its not track legal, but I don't get there much at all.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.

Fat Boss said:
Ditched the H&R Race springs for a set of P springs. So much happier. Also put in the Fays2 Watts Link. Heading to Laguna Seca the day after Thanksgiving so it'll be fun to test out the new setup.

What's the verdict on the Watts link? I'm thinking about getting the Fays2 as well...

Any clearance issues with the finned BOSS rear diff cover?

ArizonaBOSS said:
What's the verdict on the Watts link? I'm thinking about getting the Fays2 as well...

Any clearance issues with the finned BOSS rear diff cover?

No clearance issues with the diff cover, but some with the drivers side exhaust. We massaged that a bit and it's 90% gone and only hits on large bumps. I'm ok with where it's at now. I'd recommend changing the gear oil and adding a cover with plugs on it prior to the install as it looks like the watts will need to be partially disassembled to do that afterwards. Wish I'd done it, but the oil was changed at some point before I got the car.

I like the Watts Link. Turn 9 at LS was improved for sure. Hard to make too much evalution since I have pretty bald tires right now.

I've got the X11 ball joints and FR500 tie rod ends ready to go on before the 50th in Vegas in April. That should help the front roll center match the back. Also going to free up the front sway bar like I did on 733. Just take it off and free up the bushings that come fused to the bar in the stock configuration. At least that mod is free.

Justin said:
Lost third gear today transmission is fubar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my new transmission installed on Tuesday, drove it home, went to put it in reverse and found out they jacked up my MGW or installed it wrong :/

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

Sean said:
So what is the plan? Magnum XL or rebuild the MT-82 with beefier components?
well I am in PA right now and have to be back in Indiana come the 5th. I am going to try and get it fixed under warranty here. if not then I will get a used MT82. right now a T56 xl isnt in the budget (wife says she is going to kill me if I dont get it fixed under warranty so a T56 XL isnt quite in the picture right now).

Justin said:
well I am in PA right now and have to be back in Indiana come the 5th. I am going to try and get it fixed under warranty here. if not then I will get a used MT82. right now a T56 xl isnt in the budget (wife says she is going to kill me if I dont get it fixed under warranty so a T56 XL isnt quite in the picture right now).
I wish you the best of luck! It took them three months to fix mine :/

kona768 said:
258mflj.jpg
205w595.jpg

Took the JLT off and went with K&N breathers. My throttle body still got dirty with the JLT, only after 2000 miles. Hopefully this is the fix. I have part numbers if anyone needs. I know its not track legal, but I don't get there much at all.

What Tb the 84.5 or 90? Any first impressions?

GB899 said:
I am not quite that bad, close ;-) - but I just ran the boss for the first time since the snow started flying....
it has been a while... but it is above freezing today... fire right up... sounded great...
warmed it up and put the cover back on... global warming is a lie...lol

Haha nice!

It's supposed to be in the upper 50s tomorrow so I may fore up the car and take a trip around the block :)

Justin said:
Lost third gear today transmission is fubar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sucks, hope they fix it before your trip back. Here's a link to a reliable shop that supposedly has a fix for the mt-82. They work on Vaughn Gittins Car and some others but rates are reasonable. Scroll down on the page and you'll see what I mean the tranny. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Revolution-Automotive/150497078319630

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel