What tires do you recommend on Apex 18x11 wheels

Discussion in 'APEX Race Parts' started by Jeffery Dempsey, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Jeffery Dempsey

Jeffery Dempsey TMO Intermediate

My current running wheel and tire set up are the Project 19 inch with the RE71R. In the garage rafters are another 2 Project 19 inch wheels and a set of Sport Cup 2s that might have a single track day remaining in them. The Sport Cup 2s are 305/30-19.

When I mentioned going to a second set, the thought was really just purchasing two mode Project wheels and mounting up the Sport Cup 2s for COTA.

I like the idea of the 18x11 for lighter weight and a little less hot wheels appearance. The plan would still be two sets of wheels and tires, but, initially it would have to be a single set with rubber that could street and road course.

I do have a trailer for towing the Mustang to the track...

Thanks for all of your inputs. I will consider the options and decide my course of action. I figure the sale of all my existing wheels and tires could closely fund my 18x11 wheels and tire purchase.

2. APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts Race Proven, Street Approved

19x11" offers some great 200TW options, but if you want to run R comps or slicks, 18x11" is the way to go. You can find slicks/R comps for 19s, but they are much more expensive.

Cory