The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What's the best soap for washing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
What is the best soap to wash the car with that doesn't remove the wax/sealant, suds great, rinses easily and doesn't leave any residue behind. I had used Sonus http://www.autogeek.net/sonus-car-shampoo.html when I bought my sealant kit, but the suds seems to thin out quickly. Otherwise it was okay. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Brian

drano38

Wayne
I use Duragloss car was concentrate. Got the small bottle, liked it, then got a gallon. Carquest stocks it.
I've went thru a gallon in the last couple years and works very good.

But first I foam gun with Detailers Pro extreme foam, and rinse that off to get the easy dirt off. Then Duragloss with 2 bucket and grit guards
http://www.autogeek.net/foam-gun-soap.html
This foam gun:
http://www.amazon.com/Gilmour-95QGFMR-Foamaster-Cleaning-Sprayer/dp/B000Y190WE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364911202&sr=8-1&keywords=gilmore+foam+gun

There's so many out there it's really what you like. I got some that are 5.95 a gallon and then I got one that's roughly $300 a gallon. But my favorites are chemical guys Mr. Pink and Dodo supernatural wash. Both are great in a foam gun. Also adams makes a good wash but I think it's the same thing is CG Mr. Pink.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
killerwill13 said:
There's so many out there it's really what you like. I got some that are 5.95 a gallon and then I got one that's roughly $300 a gallon. But my favorites are chemical guys Mr. Pink and Dodo supernatural wash. Both are great in a foam gun. Also adams makes a good wash but I think it's the same thing is CG Mr. Pink.
I use adams you can let it dry on the car and it will still rinse clean....

and I do think you are right it is the same as chemical guys mr. pink.

I buy mine by the gallon. I have been cross shopping CG and Adams and found out they sell a lot of the same exact things just diff name for cheaper.

I have the gilmour foam gun and that detailer's pro extreme foam soap too. It foams up good and smells awesome. The advantage to a foam gun is either for pre soaking like Drano said, or you can use it instead of one of the two buckets. When I do mine, I only have one bucket full of water with the guard then use the foam gun as the soap bucket by just soaping the car/panels and then the mit.

Just bought 2 gallons of Optimum No Rinse. I'm hoping it lives up to all the hype cause I'd really like to switch to this stuff. Gonna be doing the Gary Dean method of filling your bucket with like 10 microfiber towels and the ONR solution. Have a spray bottle of the ONR solution to pre-soak panel, pull out one towel and use it on the panel and set it aside. New towel for each panel that way you never even have the dirty wash mit/towel re-introduced into the wash solution to deposit dirt.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
ForceofWill said:
I have the gilmour foam gun and that detailer's pro extreme foam soap too. It foams up good and smells awesome. The advantage to a foam gun is either for pre soaking like Drano said, or you can use it instead of one of the two buckets. When I do mine, I only have one bucket full of water with the guard then use the foam gun as the soap bucket by just soaping the car/panels and then the mit.

Just bought 2 gallons of Optimum No Rinse. I'm hoping it lives up to all the hype cause I'd really like to switch to this stuff. Gonna be doing the Gary Dean method of filling your bucket with like 10 microfiber towels and the ONR solution. Have a spray bottle of the ONR solution to pre-soak panel, pull out one towel and use it on the panel and set it aside. New towel for each panel that way you never even have the dirty wash mit/towel re-introduced into the wash solution to deposit dirt.
I use this, it works great

Justin said:
I use adams you can let it dry on the car and it will still rinse clean....

and I do think you are right it is the same as chemical guys mr. pink.

I buy mine by the gallon. I have been cross shopping CG and Adams and found out they sell a lot of the same exact things just diff name for cheaper.

Yeah, I have heard from a lot of different people that CG makes a large portion of Adams products.

Also on the wash front I would also recommend Auto Finesse Lather, that stuff doesn't sud a lot but gives a good cleaning effect.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel