The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Wheel for Sale at American Muscle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I picked up four 10th anniversary Cobra wheels 18x10 on clearance the other day from AM for the 79.99 each for track days. Can't beat the price! I should be receiving them today!

But will the Cobra anniversary wheels hold up for track use and clear the front Brembos? The price is right since looks are secondary to me for tracking. I have been planning on buying 18x10 SVE drifts for a while now, but these are tempting at half the cost. Weight is actually less, but the offset is 45mm versus 43mm of the Drifts. So maybe it would rub my ducts a bit less?

Thanks for the heads-up KB!

WinterSucks said:
... Weight is actually less, but the offset is 45mm versus 43mm of the Drifts. So maybe it would rub my ducts a bit less?

Thanks for the heads-up KB!

+45 offset will actually sit closer to your ducts more than the +43's. so it will probably rub even more.

The cobras got delivered today so I'll have to see how they work...I don't have the brake ducts yet so I won't know on that. I will try to check them out Friday and let you know.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Deputydog336 said:
The cobras got delivered today so I'll have to see how they work...I don't have the brake ducts yet so I won't know on that. I will try to check them out Friday and let you know.

Any fitment issues? I'm considering adding these to my wheel collection... $300 shipped is impossible to beat.

Deputydog336 said:
I received my wheels yesterday but they are still boxed up. I am off work tomorrow so I hope to get them out and check fitment before mounting tires.

Thanks! I like the looks of the Drifts but at this price it is too tempting as a track only wheel.

Mine were here today when I got home (10th anniversary in Anthricite). They look really nice, especially at $79 a piece!!! Hoosier 305/660 GT-I's also came today. Can't wait to get them mounted for Superfest next month!

Wow.....wasn't planning on hitting the track until next year but now I have my wheels! Aluminum DS, MGW Race Spec and wheels all in one week.......wife is going to go ballistic!!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
docs302 said:
Wow.....wasn't planning on hitting the track until next year but now I have my wheels! Aluminum DS, MGW Race Spec and wheels all in one week.......wife is going to go ballistic!!

Have your wife call my wife. They can start a support group. LOL :eek:

gLHC6uB

Well here they are! Ok not the photo you are looking for I know. Planning on getting them opened and mounting the wheel only today. I'll post again this afternoon. Wanted to test this as I've posted a pic on here.

Ok guys looking for advice as I am a total novice/inexperienced. Mounted just the wheel on the front driver's side these pics are with the wheel turned all the way left and right. Appears to be one finger width space between wheel and strut with these new wheels and two finger widths on the passenger side which has my stock wheel.

Is this to close?

image.jpg1_zps6xffy1sz.jpg

image.jpg4_zpswzragcwi.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors