The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

wheels and tires for drag strip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I would highly recommend using Mickey Thompson part number 3053S. They are 26.5/10.0-15S on 10 inch wide wheels. They are a medium compound. I personally run these on my lightly modded 91' GT and I have run consistant 1.70 60 foot times (Not many stocks Stangs running 60' times that low). These things hook hard as long as you don't do a long burnout and overheat the tires. Make certain that you buy the tubes and rim screws along with the tires. You don't want to have a tire go down when these hook hard and break the bead seal.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel