The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

where do you hook into for tach signal????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am installing a shift light that is compatable with COP (coil over plug). Anyone have an idea what wire to splice into to get the tach signal? My shift light directions say to use the coil control, coil trigger or negitive side of the coil. I am thinking I would tap into a white/violet wire on one of the COP's but not sure. Also, once I get the tach signal figured out, I then have to know the engines PPR (pulse per revolutions) which can be anywhere from .5 to 6.0. Anyone know the PPR count? Thanks

06mach1 said:
I am installing a shift light that is compatable with COP (coil over plug). Anyone have an idea what wire to splice into to get the tach signal? My shift light directions say to use the coil control, coil trigger or negitive side of the coil. I am thinking I would tap into a white/violet wire on one of the COP's but not sure. Also, once I get the tach signal figured out, I then have to know the engines PPR (pulse per revolutions) which can be anywhere from .5 to 6.0. Anyone know the PPR count? Thanks

The white/violet wire will work. Below is a photo of this connection on my Boss. The instructions for my Raptor shift light say that the PPR setting is 1/2 PPR (signal off one of the 8 coil drivers) for 99+ Mustangs (4.6L), which is what I used.

IMG_6892.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel