The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Which Boss 302 paint color is worth the most?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
Hagerty recently posted the article linked below. Those with White, Green, and Orange seem to be doing well…that said, all Boss’ are doing well at holding value which benefits us all

Happy Mother’s Day weekend to those who brought us here and those that tolerate our expensive passions

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
I agree. The values seem to mostly support the production numbers except for the LS models and yellow blaze. There was a 1 of 1 yellow blaze with white c-stripe that seems to just pass between collectors.

Uncertain why the LS models were listed as lower than expected. Could be due to the higher initial price or the perceived collectibility. There are still some LS’s and 2012s with fewer than 50 miles which is a shame

Reminds me that I need to update the list to include the MP and PP cars

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Meh, they say they used auction prices to determine values. How many of each of these colors has shown up in an auction? How many of those prices would be "outliers" because two people got in a bidding war? And how many hammered sold under market value because only one person was bidding and it was a "no reserve" offering? I'm thinking "not a statistically valid sample size" for at least most colors.

Meh, they say they used auction prices to determine values. How many of each of these colors has shown up in an auction? How many of those prices would be "outliers" because two people got in a bidding war? And how many hammered sold under market value because only one person was bidding and it was a "no reserve" offering? I'm thinking "not a statistically valid sample size" for at least most colors.

I would agree, seems the Grabber blue and Yellow blaze cars get marked up higher. What they actually sell for who knows, but they definitely ask more.

Meh, they say they used auction prices to determine values.
Very true....Those auction survey results need to be taken with a grain of salt or two....all tho Comp Orange is a great color.........don't ask me why....:teasing:....Buyers come in all shapes and sizes where ever they go to shop. there's the avid performance enthusiast, the muscle car collector and then the busy car flipper. They all have different reasons for buying what they do.

This almost like asking “Who’s girl friend is prettier?”. Of course, mine is. Lol.
Agree auction prices, although easy to acquire, do Not capture the market values accurately.
Ha this is a good analogy. Sadly I broke up with my girlfriend because she was too pretty to go run around on a race track. I’m not sure if the GF analogy holds, but I know I lost a good one.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel