The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

wrench light, no throttle responce?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got wrench light, and there is no engine response to throttle. I checked all the PCM related fuses in main pwr box as there are no specific fuses listed for fly by wire throttle and they were good. Suggestions?

Last edited:
Disconnect the battery for 30 minutes, make sure all connectors on the throttle body and throttle pedal are secure, reattach the battery after the 30 minute PCM drain and see if anything changes.

Utah
I had a wrench code once with the same symptoms. My mechanic (me) had been servicing the air filter and the dope forgot to plug in the Mass Airflow Sensor. Need to fire that guy!

Not that it is your problem as well, but if you have been working on it, go over your work. Something might be unplugged.

I had a wrench code once with the same symptoms. My mechanic (me) had been servicing the air filter and the dope forgot to plug in the Mass Airflow Sensor. Need to fire that guy!

Not that it is your problem as well, but if you have been working on it, go over your work. Something might be unplugged.
Nothing was being worked on, had batt disconnected for an over an hr no results, car starts and idles fine, I'm thinking it's the pedal. I will remove it tomorrow, haven't found any info on how to test it. I have an OEM Ford pedal assy. coming from LMR. Should be here in a day or so.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors