The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WTB: 2012 Boss - Comp Orange w/ White Stripes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I just saw one on Autotrader.com recently, but it must have sold. They don't pop up very often, and I have only seen one in person. Best of luck getting one, it will certainly be one of the better collector colors.

boss man said:
The orange and red with white stripes are rare birds.

Red/white isn't that rare. 5 or 6 listed right now on Autotrader, and there's always some available. CO/white come up once in a while and usually show up one at a time.

Grant 302 said:
Red/white isn't that rare. 5 or 6 listed right now on Autotrader, and there's always some available. CO/white come up once in a while and usually show up one at a time.

Actually, they are pretty rare considering Ford only made 156 Race Red/White Stripe Bosses in 2012 out of a 3290 unit production run. Even rarer, aside from the special one-offs that Ford did that year, are the 73 Competition Orange/White Stripe Bosses, and 1 single Yellow Blaze/White Stripe Boss made.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Bossy1908 said:
Actually, they are pretty rare considering Ford only made 156 Race Red/White Stripe Bosses in 2012 out of a 3290 unit production run. Even rarer, aside from the special one-offs that Ford did that year, are the 73 Competition Orange/White Stripe Bosses, and 1 single Yellow Blaze/White Stripe Boss made.

I know they're all rare! Out of context, I see how it's not quite what I mean. I was just comparing the orange/white to the red/white and their typical availability on internet listings.

Yes, there aren't many in that combo, but their not that rare as being for sale. Their on Internet listings all the time. There is two CO/W right now on eBay

To me, Its just not rare. It only means that people didnt care for that color combo when ordering their Bosses. I could care less of a color being rare in making my purchase. It has to be a color that I like and will enjoy looking at. To me, the only way I could see buying a color that has low production # would be a collector. My pay check keeps me out of that club. :eek:
Last of all....I think all 2012 / 2013 Boss 302's are rare.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
If it's not a "collectability" thing, you could grab one w/ black stripes and have a new decal package applied in white, then paint or vinyl the roof white.

TMO Supporting Vendors