The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WTB Harness Bar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I am looking for a harness bar for the Boss. I know some will chime in about how they are unsafe but I'm tired of being tossed around the car on track with the stock belts. I want to put a roll bar in the car but I am going through a career change at the end of the year so I may need to sell the Boss so I don't want to do any cutting :(

I love this car but family first. I'll get another track car after we settle in if I have to sell it. Wife is going to pharmacy school and that is expensive. She promised to buy me a race car when she finishes :) I should get that in writing.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Flyboygsxr said:
I am looking for a harness bar for the Boss. I know some will chime in about how they are unsafe but I'm tired of being tossed around the car on track with the stock belts. I want to put a roll bar in the car but I am going through a career change at the end of the year so I may need to sell the Boss so I don't want to do any cutting :(

I love this car but family first. I'll get another track car after we settle in if I have to sell it. Wife is going to pharmacy school and that is expensive. She promised to buy me a race car when she finishes :) I should get that in writing.

I have a harness bar for sale. User for two track days and still set up for the Boss.

Send me a PM please. They list at $299.00 new. $150.00 plus shipping be OK?

I have use a device with the stock seat belts called a CG Clip....it seems to keep me planted in the seat pretty good. They sell on amazon. Anyone else use this?

Schroth Profi II FTW. IMO this is not a part to go budget on.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I went with the crow's from Cooltech

Nice harness but there are more cost effective solutions.

As Rick stated, a cheap harness is for a cheap life. Same as with a helmet, buy quality.

The Schroth is popular. Probably for a good reason.

Bar will be shipped tomorrow.

Tracy

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel