The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Yellow Blaze 2012 Boss 302 with under 800 miles - Denver, CO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This car is not mine, just passing it along for someone who might be interested.

http://phillongdenver.skipsterinc.net/v/17084411/2/10106562/544

A Denver dealer has a Yellow Blaze 2012 with 768 miles. It has Recaros, I don't know if it has any of the other extras like the car cover, owner's kit, etc. The price is not listed, but in their description it says "Reduced from $41,292", so given that it is winter in Denver, maybe you could pry it out of them for a lot less. Mustangs simply don't sell around here from November to April.

That is an awesome color, and not many were made. Personally, of all the colors available for the '12-'13 Boss, that is my favorite. It is not School Bus Yellow, it is a metallic yellow-gold.

If you are lamenting not getting a brand new Boss in '12-'13, here is about as close as you'll get, I guess. Again, I have no connection to this car, just passing it on. YMMV, etc.

52ef85bc0c28417a8723cd0b51fa03f9.jpg

I'm flying in to Denver on Saturday to pick it up. I'll be driving back to the Dallas area for its new home in my stable. :)

congrats on your new Yellow Blaze Pony. IMO you have just purchased the best year and in the BEST color...Just Saying 8)
Please post what # Boss that is and WELCOME to BMO. Be prepared to spend some ca$h. You have been Wanrned!! :eek:

Congratulations! I was frantically trying to justify purchasing this myself. I have a brand new Limited F150, a 13 Boss and an Explorer Sport in the current stable with no room left for another Boss. My lucky number is 11 and I will have a yellow blaze Boss one day (would absolutely love to have #11).

If/when you consider selling this vehicle I will do what I can to buy it. Please do remember to let me know - I'd be happy to pay a bit more than any other offer in order to secure it. Have a great time with this one!

Thanks, hopefully it's going into long term ownership, but I'll keep that in mind if anything changes. Here's the stable it's going in with. The back row are all K Code HiPo 289 cars. The 84 I bought new. The Dusk Rose Car will probably be going down the road to make some garage space. My wife always insists that one ride needs to have A/C.
f14e024e-480a-4644-add4-15a486d0ad8b_zpsc020da82.jpg

BlazeYellow said:
I'm flying in to Denver on Saturday to pick it up. I'll be driving back to the Dallas area for its new home in my stable. :)

Do I get a commission? ;)

I hope it doesn't snow between here and Dallas before you go. The sand on Colorado highways will blast the front of the car and the windshield before you even get it home. Most people put their cars away for week or two after a snow here, not because it is slippery, but because of the sand and mag chloride.

LOL, Let me get back to you on that finder's fee. I had actually found it on Craig's List and Ebay and bought the car before I found your post. I was searching for Boss 302 Forums. Found this one, joined and then saw your post. Small world. I'm keeping a close eye on the weather. How's it looking? Keep me posted.

BlazeYellow said:
LOL, Let me get back to you on that finder's fee. I had actually found it on Craig's List and Ebay and bought the car before I found your post. I was searching for Boss 302 Forums. Found this one, joined and then saw your post. Small world. I'm keeping a close eye on the weather. How's it looking? Keep me posted.

That is a nice car. Do you get the car cover and owner's kit with it?

We last had snow around here on Monday, so most of the crap should be off of the roads by Saturday. The current forecast is snow on Monday, and they are often off by a day, so I wouldn't hang around on Saturday, I'd get the car and head south.

Don't tailgate, because there can always be a rogue rock that has fallen out of a truck tire. It sucks to hear the sound of a rock hitting the car or windshield. I stay off of the interstates in the Boss, for that reason. Even if the road itself is clear, you can always have a rock kicked up, or have some moron in front of you drift onto the shoulder and kick up the crap from there. I'm not kidding, try to stay 200 feet behind the car in front of you. It is impossible to do in traffic, but once you are south of Denver, try to hang back. No one in CO has a daily driver for very long without getting a cracked windshield. It is unavoidable. Of course, the same rocks can also hit the car. Every vehicle I own except the Boss has paint chips and even small dents from rocks.

At least you shouldn't have to worry about hail. That is a whole different scourge around here. The area right along the front range is hail alley, and it causes hundreds of millions in damages almost every year. There was a hail storm in 1990 that caused over $1 Billion in damage in 2014 dollars. You will see cars that look like someone attacked it with a ball-peen hammer quite often around here. Now that manufacturers are using more and more aluminum body panels, the problem is even worse. It doesn't take a very big hailstone to dent an aluminum hood.

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news/2014/10/13/colorados-latest-hail-storm-ranks-among-the-top-10.html?page=all

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
coboss said:
That is a nice car. Do you get the car cover and owner's kit with it?

We last had snow around here on Monday, so most of the crap should be off of the roads by Saturday. The current forecast is snow on Monday, and they are often off by a day, so I wouldn't hang around on Saturday, I'd get the car and head south.

Don't tailgate, because there can always be a rouge rock that has fallen out of a truck tire. It sucks to hear that sound of a rock hitting the car or windshield. I stay off of the interstates in the Boss, for that reason. Even if the road itself is clear, you can always have a rock kicked up, or have some moron in front of you drift onto the shoulder and kick up the crap from there. I'm not kidding, try to stay 200 feet behind the car in front of you. It is impossible to do in traffic, but once you are south of Denver, try to hang back. No one in CO has a daily driver for very long without getting a cracked windshield. It is unavoidable. Of course, the same rocks can also hit the car. Every vehicle I own except the Boss has paint chips and even small dents from rocks.

At least you shouldn't have to worry about hail. That is a whole different scourge around here. The area right along the front range is hail alley, and it causes hundreds of millions in damages almost every year. There was a hail storm in 1990 that caused over $1 Billion in damage in 2014 dollars.

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news/2014/10/13/colorados-latest-hail-storm-ranks-among-the-top-10.html?page=all

As a fellow Coloradan, I can attest to coboss notes and concerns. Whereas there is no salt to worry about rusting your car, the freakin' rocks drive me nuts. Now I don't DD my car and it only goes out in dry conditions in the winter to service or work on mods but getting trapped behind anybody on the highway is risky. Taking the road less traveled is sage advise. Good luck on getting that Yellow Blaze beauty home safely. Tape up the front end if you can.

They have the car cover but not the owners kit. They've told me the original owner just won't give it up. I'll get his info and see what I can do. If that doesn't work is there any way to get a replacement kit from Ford? Since the car is #0011 overall I'd really like to know what # Yellow Blaze it is. Any other way to find that info? This dealer sold the car new. Is there anything else I should try to get? I'm heading back ASAP and hope to be on the road back by noon. I take the North route east on 70 and then down at Salina. Hope to make it at least to Salina or maybe Wichita on Saturday and then on to Dallas on Sunday. It's around 900 miles using that route to where I'm located outside Dallas. I'll give the guy ahead plenty of room. I've gone the southern route through Amarillo and just don't care for all the little towns. As an insurance agent here in North Texas I have seen my share of hail damaged cars. It isn't pretty. Forecast still looks in my favor at this point. Thanks!

you can buy everything BUT the key chain. I thought the dealer was the orignal owner of that Boss. Being number 0011 i would bet to say it was the Third boss built in YB or maybe second.
I truley hope you can talk the other owner into his senses. On a bright note....Many second hand owners that bought a boss have no idea who owned the car before them and have no way of trying to get the kit. Except wait for it to show up on Fleabay. Good luck with your baby and Motor on! Please report in when you reached your stable.

You guys I think too much is made of the owners kit. I've had mine for three years now and it's been sitting in my closet for two years and 51 weeks completely undisturbed. The only thing I use from the kit are the posters and you can buy them on ebay.

Check this sellers other items too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230855108876?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

You guys are the experts on this. I'd like to have the whole kit, but the most important item to me is the letter with the production info/ color sequence number. Is my logic flawed? Is there a way for me to get a copy of that letter/info other than getting that kit? Thanks for all the help. BTW - the dealer, Phil Long Ford, that I'm buying from did sell this unit to the original owner and later bought it back.

BlazeYellow said:
You guys are the experts on this. I'd like to have the whole kit, but the most important item to me is the letter with the production info/ color sequence number. Is my logic flawed? Is there a way for me to get a copy of that letter/info other than getting that kit? Thanks for all the help. BTW - the dealer, Phil Long Ford, that I'm buying from did sell this unit to the original owner and later bought it back.

Go to fordshowparts.com you can get the letter of authenticity, the poster, promo brochures, the DVD, the book and a window sticker.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel