The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Yellow Blaze Build Number...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So with Ford no longer building Yellow Blaze mustangs.... where do we find the Boss 302 production numbers in Yellow Blaze? Wondering how rare this color is gonna end up being. I was originally going to wait for a 2013 in Grabber Blue but when I saw this color I could not wait.

We don't don't have a lot of cars in database at the moment. I have been paying special attention to the Canadian cars though. Up here about 50% of the Bosses are Competition Orange, with the other 50% split among the remaining colours. In fact:
Total CDN Bosses: 164
RR/White: 1
RR/Black: 19
YB/White: 1 (only one in existence - thus far)
YB/Black: 25
CO/White: 3
CO/Black: 76
Kona/White: 22
PW/Black: 17

So roughly 50% to CO, and 12.5% each to the rest.

As for YB, they're cranking the YB's out as fast as they can right now. :)

BLAZN BOSS

Just got my VIN number today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY was scared i wouldnt get my yellow blaze! should be here late august early september the dealer said.........god i cant wait!

BLAZN BOSS said:
Just got my VIN number today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY was scared i wouldnt get my yellow blaze! should be here late august early september the dealer said.........god i cant wait!

CONGRATS!!

It appears I may get to add another Yellow Blaze to the BMO family. Currently I am working on a deal to purchase one next week (Friday at the latest)!

Once I find out more, I will post the information along with it's intake number. ;D

My Yellow Blaze scheduled to be picked up tomorrow Sat. 7/30 from NC , then delivered to me in NY sometime next week. I ordered this car on 1/24 from a dealer in NY, and my original order is nowhere in sight. SOOOO happy I found this one, being that Yellow Blaze is discontinued. By the way, I think I hold the record (not one that i'm proud of) as far as i've been reading here, for the longest wait. I have no idea when my original order would have shown up. After 6 mos., still no vin # or build date.

blazer1 said:
My Yellow Blaze scheduled to be picked up tomorrow Sat. 7/30 from NC , then delivered to me in NY sometime next week. I ordered this car on 1/24 from a dealer in NY, and my original order is nowhere in sight. SOOOO happy I found this one, being that Yellow Blaze is discontinued. By the way, I think I hold the record (not one that i'm proud of) as far as i've been reading here, for the longest wait. I have no idea when my original order would have shown up. After 6 mos., still no vin # or build date.
My wait was just under 10 months (deposit to delivery), and it sucked!
Just a bad memory, loving every minute now ;D

BLAZN BOSS

Heres a story from the ford dealer..........he knows of a dealer that did not let the customer know his order did come thru.........so he could sell with a mark up. :(

BlazinBoss302 said:
So with Ford no longer building Yellow Blaze mustangs.... where do we find the Boss 302 production numbers in Yellow Blaze? Wondering how rare this color is gonna end up being. I was originally going to wait for a 2013 in Grabber Blue but when I saw this color I could not wait.

I really think the "not building Yellow Blaze anymore" is wrong, here's one that was built on 7/26

http://www.mikecastruccialexandria.com/vehicle-details?vuid=1578021

It has been reported on more than one forum that the lat date to accept orders for Yellow Blaze was July 21st. My dealer where I purchased mine from stated this as well. I may have been wrong in saying build...maybe "order" was more correct

98RedGT

2012 #552
That is correct, July 21st was the last date to put orders in for Yellow Blaze.
I have been waiting for mine, for some time, and when questioning the dealer as to status and issues with this color he sent me a Ford Commodity and Constraints Letter for July 28th that states Yellow Blaze last date for putting orders in is July 21st. But there is no issues with this color. So they are still building whatever was received up to this point. My guess as to when a particular dealer receives their order is probably based on their sales volume.

Having had a Yellow Blaze on order since February 14, I can tell you if your order has not been scheduled it will not be in Yellow Blaze.

July 21 was the last date in which the car could be scheduled and receive this color. If your order has been in and not pulled for production, it will not be built in yellow blaze.

My order on July 21 went from clean unscheduled to incompatable because of this color problem. Once the order was changed to another color (Kona Blue) the order reverted back to clean unscheduled.

If your still waiting for a build date and this color, I am afraid it may not happen.

98RedGT

2012 #552
That is what I have been gathering from various posts, but so far my dealer and regional Ford rep assures me there is no issue with my order. I don't know why he would do that if it was not the case. If it does not build he loses the sale. I will wait it out to see what happens.

BLAZN BOSS

Placed my order memorial day weekend, checked with ford today and my car is in the body shop and will be here in Virginia they said on the 18th of Augustor close to it. They said Yellow Blaze is not a problem............cant wait...........I'll need a week off of work. LOL :)

TMO Supporting Vendors