The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone know good engine builders in Norcal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Stockton, CA
I want to do a full build on my 4.6 3v and would prefer to find a somewhat local builder in northern CA. It's been quite the challenge just finding someone here reputable enough to build a custom engine let alone a ford modular. If someone knows, or preferably has experience with a shop that can properly build an engine for what we use them for, please let me know.

Note: I know a lot of you will want to suggest I just do a coyote swap but I'm not interested in going that route and won't be convinced otherwise. Thank you.

Has he built anything for you?
No. Mine is a 2018 oem engine. So Far not needed .
AED has been known as one of the expert of mustang since years. In norcal is prolly one.of the most expert one..he FOCUS only on mustang.
You also wanna talk to GOWRAP DYNO. he is in fremont. It is where i dyno my car. I believe is more oriented on LS but it is worth a call IMO.
Other expert race groups are.
TRACKSPEC MOTORSPORT ( i do here my allignment and corner balance. ) or edge motorsport (worked with them in thr past for corner balance). They both are ONLY RACE oriented. Im sure u can ask them too.
Worst case they will advice for a good mechanic.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Sal and I have basically the same engine Built by Shawn@AED. Very happy with the motor and its pulling 500 rwhp So thats close to 588 Hp @motor. Drives nicely and it can take a few hours stuck in traffic or blasting by a GT4 at the track. Sal knows him better since he is way way closer!! If I lived in the US, never mind California, it would be a no-brainer..... And I dont! And still got him to do my engine.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
100% AED. He's done tons of work for me over the years and is one of the top mustang tuners world wide.
For tuning and engine builds, I would go nowhere else.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Stockton, CA
Sal and I have basically the same engine Built by Shawn@AED. Very happy with the motor and its pulling 500 rwhp So thats close to 588 Hp @motor. Drives nicely and it can take a few hours stuck in traffic or blasting by a GT4 at the track. Sal knows him better since he is way way closer!! If I lived in the US, never mind California, it would be a no-brainer..... And I dont! And still got him to do my engine.
Awesome, that's the kind of feedback I'm looking for. I've researched AED but haven't heard any real world customer feedback, so that's really great info. Thank you!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Stockton, CA
100% AED. He's done tons of work for me over the years and is one of the top mustang tuners world wide.
For tuning and engine builds, I would go nowhere else.
I'm hearing more and more positive feedback on AED/Shaun's work. Especially hearing this from the guys who genuinely put his engine building skills to the test. Thanks Fabman.

TMO Supporting Vendors