The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Aggressor custom splitters for sale now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is on my short list...Is there a website where we order or through here?

Also... I read through the thread and didn't see much on install. Pardon my ignorance if it was mentioned, but does this require drilling? I'd like it to be totally reversible for obvious reasons...

Also like the matching spoiler I've been seeing on some cars.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Johnny5alive said:

Also... I read through the thread and didn't see much on install. Pardon my ignorance if it was mentioned, but does this require drilling? I'd like it to be totally reversible for obvious reasons...

I installed a WC splitter I bought second hand a few weeks back. No instructions.

I went to the Ford Racing site and read a few of the install sheets for the different years/versions of splitters.

http://fordperformanceracingparts.com/download/instructionsheets.asp

Straight forward. No drilling on your car or the Ford splitter. I assume this splitter will be the same.

You have to remove the bumper cover, bolt bracket to the steel bumper, remove plugs in surround, remove stock splitter and bolt up new.

All bolt on. I replaced the stock bolts with flat head socket head bolts. 6mm course from Fastenal.

Came out great.

Johnny5alive said:

My splitter mounts in the same fashion as the ford one.
pretty straight forward I don't have a website set up currently as I haven't had anytime but your welcome to ask any questions you have here or PM me for more info too. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.
thanks

Thanks for the input guys.

Are we making a list for a group buy?

If so, I'm in. I just can't decide if I should go street or race for my 2012, mostly street driven boss. The car is only used on weekends though and I live in a pretty spacious city (vegas.) I love how the Boss 302 engraving looks.

Johnny5alive said:
Thanks for the input guys.

Are we making a list for a group buy?

If so, I'm in. I just can't decide if I should go street or race for my 2012, mostly street driven boss. The car is only used on weekends though and I live in a pretty spacious city (vegas.) I love how the Boss 302 engraving looks.

I'm not offering a group buy unless I have a couple buyers atleast.
As for witch model I suggest the street version.

Thought I would post a couple of pics of my standard LS splitter with a Blowfish tow hook mount. The only problem I had was mounting the splitter supports from Longacre that come with the kit. The stock LS splitter support screws up into the mount but the Longacre support has a female end on both sides. So after agonizing how I was going to make it work I ended up spending $300 for the wildly overpriced stock supports and finished it right. I also butchered the lower grill trying to cut the holes for the supports and now you can drive a semi through both openings! I figured.....it's just plastic and is probably $75. Yeah.....how about $500.....doh! Anyway.....came out pretty good.

IMG_0169_zpsba3gmdgf.jpg
IMG_0171_zps2ikf0xav.jpg

docs302

i happy you got the splitter on... 8) looking good bud Sorry to here about the issue with the rods mounting to the Blowfish bracket. Im happy you atleast got it all fitted unfortunately there no real way around not cutting the lower grill at least from the pics it looks good.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel