The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

► APEX | 18” & 19” EC-7 Mustang Wheel Group Buy - Up to $250 OFF + Free Shipping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weird. What portion of the strut assembly is driving that small of a clearance? I'm clearing 315/30-19 Sport Cup 2s, which should have something like 4mm less clearance according to TireRack's measurements.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Weird. What portion of the strut assembly is driving that small of a clearance? I'm clearing 315/30-19 Sport Cup 2s, which should have something like 4mm less clearance according to TireRack's measurements.

Let me get the car up in the air and I'll see if I can snap a picture.

Try to get a shot like this one below of the tightest area. This was with the 15mm spacer with 305 Pirelli Slicks. I ended up going with 20mm spacer. The Popsicle sticks help illustrate the distance in the tightest area. Again, it looks like the Michelin 4S runs wide for it's size judging by your photos. To my eye, maybe 7-8mm past the rim, which would necessitate using the 25mm spacer.

35988582622_2ee3c65970_b.jpg Untitled by smallblock, on Flickr

Good news as I will likely run those also. What rims are you using TMS, as I am probably going to get a set of APEX 18x11s.
You know the 18’s won’t clear the GT350 brakes right?

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Getting about 5-6mm on both side up front. I'm pretty sure a 20mm spacer would not work. Not worried about the clearance so much as I am the tire extending out past the wheel well. Maybe it'll grow on me????

TMO Supporting Vendors