The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

12 rear brakes to 13.8 rears differances

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ny
ok I understand the bigger rotor and stopping power. but is it worth upgrading from 12 to 13.8. I read caliper is the same ? I know rotors are different but are the mounts different? axle and caliper? thanks chris

I upgraded mine several years ago with a custom bracket. Same caliper and pad (Carbotech XP-8 in full time) DD with about 3 HPDE days per year. I don't notice any difference in stopping, but I imagine there is a benefit to displacing heat with the additional surface area. I did mine mainly for 'looks', since it fills up the back wheel. Worth it for that reason...but for functionality, doubt you will notice much of a difference.

TMO Supporting Vendors