The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

'13/14 brake ducting - intake piece only

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
But if you wanted to duct into the front lower grill (Like the KR setup I believe it is) you have some extra length...

I'm sure I can find some creative use for the extra as well.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
like this?

kwcn.jpg

just a little Friday humor :D :D

Just talked to Tousley. Guy didn't seem to know what I was talking about, but when he looked up the number it said it was for a "Boss Racing Package" so it sounds like we are on the right track. Also saw a similar thread on one of the other forums that gave those same numbers (I suspect thats where Pete got them).

I'll wait to see what the other guys get, but I'm already committed having purchased the hose and the plates!

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
It doesn't look like that piece will accept the brake duct hose? there needs to be at least 1" of flat cylindrical surface to be able to clamp the hose on.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
pufferfish said:
It doesn't look like that piece will accept the brake duct hose? there needs to be at least 1" of flat cylindrical surface to be able to clamp the hose on.

Yeah, looks like you'd need that...and at least that explains the increased price over the 10-12' brake duct kit.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
yeah, it looks like the ford kit has a metal piece bolted to the back that would have the mounting tube for the hose. it shouldn't be too terribly hard to take 3" exhaust tube and weld a tab on to attach it.

Here are the instructions from FRPP--clearly they add something. Shouldn't be a problem and still half the price!

http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-2004-MBA.pdf

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Anyone identify the extra part that is shown in the Ford installation manual? I couldn't find a PN looking through the Ford parts site... any insight? Looks like a simple little piece...

When mine arrive Monday I'll hit up Lowes and maybe Pep Boys - see what might easily work

TMO Supporting Vendors