The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Black Friday Cyber Monday Deals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

askjeffro said:
What is the consensus on running 10 wide all around? Any negatives noted by those running it at the track?
Check the Vorschlag website, they have quite a bit of info running 10's all around.

askjeffro said:
Here is a good one that is within all our budgets:

Advance Auto Castro Syntec 5w-50 @6.74 qt. (8 = $53.92)
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_edge-with-syntec-technology-full-synthetic-5w-50-motor-oil-(1-qt-)-castrol_8020612-p

They also have a promo going where you might be able to get a gift card, even though the product page says it does not qualify:
Use code CM25 and get a future $25 giftcard.
If you assume the $25 savings on the oil, that comes to $3.62 a quart pretax. ($28.92 total)
Otherwise, you can still get 25% off most other things and the gift card when you spend over $50.

Well, I got the giftcard despite the message. Did the deal X2. Oil at $3.62 a quart, not to shabby.

What is the consensus on running 10 wide all around? Any negatives noted by those running it at the track?
Check the Vorschlag website, they have quite a bit of info running 10's all around.

Read the discussion on the Vorshlag site and ended up buying a set of the Forgestar 18x10's. Still think I'll try and stagger the tire sizes, but since it's snowing pretty good outside up here in Rochester NY, I think I'll have some time to think about tires before I can get the car out on the track.

WinterSucks said:
I can see they still have some F14 18x10s, but I can't figure out how to add them to the cart....do you have to call? I might be too late anyways..
It says it was updated today so maybe they are still on sale? I would just give them a call.

Anyone interested in doing a deal to keep the staggered tires let me know. We can split the cost of the 18x10's & 18x9's and trade. Let me know if anyone might be interested

WinterSucks said:
I can see they still have some F14 18x10s, but I can't figure out how to add them to the cart....do you have to call? I might be too late anyways..

Yeah, I would just give them a call. Pete was the guy I spoke with, he seemed pretty good to work with. It would probably be worth asking if they'll still give you the discount.

TMO Supporting Vendors