The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302 Build Schedule ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bossfan said:
ANSWER: Buy a Crovette.
Side Note: Maybe we oughta see how the MT82 is built (at the transmission builder) - or how the shift mech is assembled to the floor & trans.

If you want to see how the MT82 is built, you'll have to go to China.

barrett jackson just showed a black LS. must be sitting in a Ford booth was with a GIHG regual boss (stipes looked fine) and DIB gt500.

jmbboss302 said:
bkaser90 said:
is there someone to talk to about going to the factory when my is being built, for a tour? My dealer doesn't seem to know much about anything. thought it would be a cool experience

AAI is not open to the public for tours. Only the Dearborn Truck Plant has tours. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but you really need to know somebody to get in. Even for me, a Ford employee, it would be difficult to get in. The closest I got to the assembly plant was going in the old Michigan Casting Center building. That's the building that is just south of the assembly plant, and has the Mustang painted on the side facing I-75.

I went on a tour in 2008 with Team Shelby and it was an experience I will never forget. We got to go from the point where the aluminum stamping machines are located all the way to the point where the car is driven off the line. VERY interesting! The best part was watching the guy that stuck the fender emblems on the cars as they went by. Cobra, GT or Tribar Pony. It was VERY cool. The Romeo Niche Plant was also cool and in each case we talked with and hand lunch with the builders and they in turn came out to see our cars and talk. I still have my yellow arm gloves they make you wear and bought a few items in the company store. No photo's were allowed inside the assembly area but I did snap a few outside and around.

Pictures can be found here:

DSCN1939.png

http://s1074.photobucket.com/albums/w401/JeffIsHereToo/

Jeff said:
barrett jackson just showed a black LS. must be sitting in a Ford booth was with a GIHG regual boss (stipes looked fine) and DIB gt500.

My stripes "look fine" from a reasonable distance and for someone not looking, but as I posted, if you get down and look you can see the little 3" length isn't quite right.

IMG_2161.png

JeffIsHereToo said:
Jeff said:

My stripes "look fine" from a reasonable distance and for someone not looking, but as I posted, if you get down and look you can see the little 3" length isn't quite right.

yeah it was more of a frustration joke they showed the cars for probably less than 3 seconds.

roketman said:
JMBBOSS302,
Can you tell me anything about my Boss LS VIN#1ZVBP8CU2D5200031
I know it is built .But thats it.
Thank you! Ron

Yes, it was produced on March 21st, and has been at Ramp 51 ever since.

In Transit - Received - Rail (Auto Warehousing ) - Ramp 51, Auto Alliance, MI - Mar-21-2012, 10:00 ET

JeffIsHereToo said:
Jeff said:

Such a small issue. I'm not sure if I should be grateful that Ford caught it or not. Seems like an easy fix at the dealer, but what do I know?

jmbboss302 said:
privera302 - R111 and Dealer code: F-24214.

As of the April 2nd update:

In Order Processing - Unscheduled- Clean

Thanks JMB . Well, I guess the good news is that there appears to be a change from the previous update a couple of weeks ago when it was "In Order Processing" - "Unscheduled- Material Hold". What happens in the process for the status to change from "Unscheduled-Material Hold" to "Unscheduled Clean"? Thanks!

privera302 said:
jmbboss302 said:
privera302 - R111 and Dealer code: F-24214.

As of the April 2nd update:

In Order Processing - Unscheduled- Clean

Thanks JMB . Well, I guess the good news is that there appears to be a change from the previous update a couple of weeks ago when it was "In Order Processing" - "Unscheduled- Material Hold". What happens in the process for the status to change from "Unscheduled-Material Hold" to "Unscheduled Clean"? Thanks!

It basically means it's getting closer to getting a VIN/scheduled build date. A car has a VIN assigned to it before it's built, so the plant knows what materials are needed to be on hand for the build date. It's all about scheduling.

1992chpb4c said:
jmbboss302 said:
1992chpb4c said:
JmBoss, do you know what it means when the window sticker has rebill in the upper left?

I'm not sure. Can you show me an example?

http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ZVBP8CU7D5200686&refid=FD

The only thing that I can see in the system that may be related to "rebill" is the "invoice date" has been updated twice since the original date on Feb 24th. I really don't know for sure.

2013boss302 said:
JMB any updates on mine vin=1ZVBP8CU1D5206564
Thanks Paul

As of the March 16th update:

In Transit - Received - Rail (Auto Warehousing ) - Ramp 51, Auto Alliance, MI - Mar-15-2012, 07:00 ET

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel