The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2015 Ford GT? Wow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is a pipe dream but someone has CGI skills. Rumors of another Ford supercar are out there though. Pretty cool nonetheless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BMvpVR7qT38

DEye

You can't get there from here...
Re: 2015 Ford GT?

Too many sharp angles, :eek: not my cup-o-tea
Like every car someone somewhere figure it has to be changed to rekindle the excitement... WRONG!!!

Don't &$@?# @%#¥*€ up by changing them just to change them, making them bigger, fatter, etc...

Sorry

Read a blurb today from Motor Authority that sources in Road and Track claim Ford is developing for 2016 release - 50 year anniversary from when they put it to Enzo. We can only hope! Pasting in below:

Our friends at Road & Track are typically very much in the know when it comes to the development of future products. That's why we're extremely excited to hear that a brand-new Ford GT is seemingly being prepped to make a 2016 debut.
A new Ford GT would obviously be a welcome and wonderful thing for this world. We are currently in a golden age for the supercar and hypercar loving set, with the likes of Pagani, Koenigsegg, Ferrari, McLaren, and Porsche churning out vehicles that push the boundaries of what's possible with a four-wheeled conveyance. Adding a new Ford GT to that mix would be, well, super.

Now, we can't imagine that the Ford GT would go full-on hypercar hybrid powertrain. This is an American icon, and as such we expect it to utilize some form of V-8 engine, most likely with a bit of forced induction. Road & Track seems to think the same as well, but they also speculate that there could be a racing version that utilizes a heavily massaged 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 engine. Apparently these units are good for power figures well into the 600 horsepower range.

article - http://www.roadandtrack.com/racing/racing-news/more-signs-point-to-ford-le-mans-program-and-ford-gt-revival?src=rss

+1. I want a V8.
Since I got my Boss I have encountered two GTs on the highway in Houston. The first one was on my way to work at 5am. He "engaged" me and I blew off work for a few minutes of fun not "sanctioned" by the BMO forum. :) Most fun I have ever had behind the wheel. Of course he ended up in front of me! So when we came back in to the city he pulled off in to a large dealership. I stopped and we chatted and I took pics. Then he unlocked the gates and invited me inside to see his shop. The guy has a race team and was prepping for a big vintage race at COTA. I was so shell-shocked I don't even recall all of the cars I saw. Had only had my Boss a few months - truly made me feel lucky that because of my car the guy even took the time to talk with me. Funny - when we pulled in my palms were sweating and my heart racing from the drive. He, on the other hand stepped out of his car calmly with a cup of coffee in his hand! Neat guy, I would like to run in to him again. Finally got to work an hour and a half late and walking on air :).

I think all Ford would have to do is electronic suspension, a few aero tweaks, and a high-revving V8. Leave the design as-is. I think when it comes to car design the GT is a worldwide favorite, and I would hate to see a new generation of it ruin the looks. Just because you load a car with tech does not mean you need to make it look like it came out of Tron on the outside.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
WinterSucks said:
I think all Ford would have to do is electronic suspension, a few aero tweaks, and a high-revving V8. Leave the design as-is. I think when it comes to car design the GT is a worldwide favorite, and I would hate to see a new generation of it ruin the looks. Just because you load a car with tech does not mean you need to make it look like it came out of Tron on the outside.

Agreed!!

The GT is class. Soo much like the GT-40.

Why change it?

TMO Supporting Vendors