The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2015 SVT Superfest - Virginia International Raceway - May 22-24, 2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTNYC said:
Out of all the track events, I look forward to this one the most every year, fun friendly vibe, and your fill of mustangs.

See link here for info:
http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19322

Hope to see you there. I'll be splurging on a garage, usually pair up with Darren, Tracy and a couple others. VIR doesn't pre-assign garages, but if you list your name and car below we can request to be put in adjacent units.

I'll make a list and keep her going, just reply with this info and car #... I'll bring cold beer for after the drive!

1. Larry - '12 Red - #711 - will be located at paddock: @ garages (I'll have lots of space if anybody needs to leave their crap in my garage! My delicate skin just can't take the May sunlight in VA ;))
2. Tracy - '12 Blue - #??? - will be located at paddock: @ garages
3. Sarkis - '13 White - #??? - trying to book garage too
4. Darren - '12 Yellow - #56 - slumming it in paddock due to new engine cost!
5. Bill - '13 Black - #125 - slumming it with Darren!!
6. Don in VA - '12 - #??? - ?

84c339185061ebf3d8a07c35baf2e85a.jpg

wwilde001 said:
Looks like the set up all the Bosses in the same class. Should be a blast! :)

What a unique opportunity! Tony says it'll take 35 boss entries to make this happen tho

wwilde001 said:
Looks like the set up all the Bosses in the same class. Should be a blast! :)

Being on track with only Boss's will be cool, but does anyone else have concern over the potential gap in skill level / speed between drivers?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
KBBOSS1086 said:
Being on track with only Boss's will be cool, but does anyone else have concern over the potential gap in skill level / speed between drivers?

Yes and no.

It's 3+ mile track. Passing will be point by only. A little careful planning on the grid should keep the pack separated.

Photo ops should be amazing

KBBOSS1086 said:

It's not that kind of event, to beat your PB. It's more about the camaraderie among car enthusiasts.

There are three nice straights for even the most novice of drivers to feel comfortable with a pass. I think faster drivers will need to be patient until those zones are reached, if behind a slow car.

If you're getting held up, just get to the pit and be first in line.

Also note, there is a wide range of power and suspension, depending on mods, not just driver ability.

I've been to Superfest a couple times, as well as other SCMC events. I agree that it's a lot about commradery, which is a large part of what makes the event special, but disagree with the PB statement. Id argue that more often than not, most drivers are looking for their PB each session (unless they are testing / tuning). My concern is that if there is a driver(s) with very little experience that they could get flustered / overwhelmed by the number of fast drivers / cars approaching one after another at high speeds. It could lead to a mistake that causes an accident.

I'm in regardless, but would like to see beginner / novice drivers get a sticker on their bumper so they can be identified when they are being caught from behind (like NASCAR does with the "rookie" colored bumper). With safety being paramount, I'm a firm believer in doing anything within reason to mitigate the risk (or not add additional risk) whenever possible.

Anyone who's coming to Superfest,
I have access to a set (maybe two) of Continental Racing Tire (Scrubs) (275/35/18) that are in very good condition. If any of you want a set, PM for the details and I will bring them to the track when we get there. I'll be arriving Thursday afternoon.

I sent my registration in last week. Not to pee in the Cheerios, but as I've previously stated, I am extremely concerned with the safety of running in a group with anywhere from beginners to to advanced drivers. Other than the "cool" opportunity to be on track with only Boss's (which I admit would be a neat experience), nothing good can come from this.

I suggest we be given the option of running in our appropriate group. Another idea would be to do the Boss only group for one day or a few sessions, rather than all weekend.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
steveespo said:
Signed up for Saturday only. #21 car is on a 1 week 3 track tour, Watkins Glen with Chin on 5/18, VIR Superfest 5/23 and Mid Ohio with Chin 5/25-5/26.
See you guys there Friday night.
Steve

Have fun guys. Sounds like a great event at my favorite track, would love to be there, but I'm booked at Mid Ohio (a 3 hour drive instead of 11 hours). Car 58 is on a 3 track, 2 week trip with Chin: Watkins Glen 5/18-5/19, Mid Ohio 5/25-5/25 and VIR 6/1-6/2 :)

unfortunately I've had to withdraw from this event... sad, since I look forward to this one all year, and I missed last May... but family first. I'll be there for sure in November... hope to see you guys there. Kill that Boss group por favor, as I hope Tony decides to do it again! Have fun!! post pics... big red will be there in spirit!

Larry

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Man I wish I could be there. I almost convinced my wife that I didn't need to be at the baby shower. It's gonna be an awesome weekend full of women, gossip, and probably lots of crying :(

I'll be at NCM with Chin the following weekend as her payback for not letting me go to Superfest.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel