The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2022 New FRONT SPLITTER "italia" first pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Still finishing with some extra quick release rods.
But it is getting close. Just showing some pics.
Expecting to be ~400-500lbs at 100mph.
(Including canards and hood vents).
PROLITE (SIMILAR TO ALUMALITE) 10mm
Final version will have
4 main point of attachments.
4 front rods (vs 2 in the pic)
4 rods around the tunnells.

ALL QUICK RELEASE IN 5MINS.

Will pkst the final result soon. I really really hope to not break it right away lol
A big thanks to @AJ Hartman for the help

20220307_163957.jpg

20220307_152438_HDR.jpg

20220316_085801_HDR.jpg

20220316_085808.jpg

20220316_085928.jpg

20220316_090233.jpg

20220316_085904_HDR.jpg

20220316_085846_HDR.jpg

20220316_085822.jpg

Last edited:
That’s a big one right there! Keep at it Ale.

really interested in the fences.

Also curious why the two smaller tunnels instead of AJ’s big tunnels?
3 main reasons.
1. The tunnels vent around the tire and not in the front. So the straight will expand air behind the wheel where i have all the fender vents while the curve one will vent outside the tire TOGETHER with tire blocker side plates and canards
2. The big one was...really big lol
3. It is my first one and i don't know how much downforce makes it. So wanted to be sure i don't overwhelm the REAR WING. Balance wins over pure downforce.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
The long rods going to the sides aren't going to do much in the way of vertical deflection prevention since the angle is so acute--but they can't hurt you. If these were attached to somewhere more directly above the mounting points on the splitter, they would offer significantly more vertical support. Rest of it looks great!

The long rods going to the sides aren't going to do much in the way of vertical deflection prevention since the angle is so acute--but they can't hurt you. If these were attached to somewhere more directly above the mounting points on the splitter, they would offer significantly more vertical support. Rest of it looks great!
I completely agree. I need to change them.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
Prob going to see some vibes-induced buffeting just off of the trailing edge corners @ turning vanes.

Might keep an eye on that...some sort of low profile sway strut or stiffener locally?

You've prob thought of this already... maybe get video of that area via a door-mounted GoPro...video data at various speeds, bumpiness etc :) ?

TMO Supporting Vendors