The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 @4o6racing Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Glad to hear the weekend went well, bummer about the wheel. Send me a message if you'd like and we can get that wheel replaced under the 50% program still. We've got a bit of leeway in situations like this, it's not always a firm 2 year cut-off.

I know 3 pass radiators have been discussed before, and some are advertised as 3 pass but aren’t a true 3 pass design. @Fabman has a nice write up on how he modified his Fluidyne by welding plates in the end tank. I ordered Fluidyne part #FHP30X-05MU-3P, which they advertise as a 3 row, 3 pass. This part number has the proper plates welded in the end tanks similar to Sal’s.

View attachment 71624

I was waiting for a KB triple pass radiator for two months and decided to look elsewhere. I found what I thought was the Fluidyne triple pass radiator at LMR but it turned out to be the triple core. KB uses Fluidyne cores but I don't see a listing for FHP30X-05MU-3P. I received FHP30X-05MU from LMR and now I have read that it doesn't even fit the Boss 302.

This is what I found at Summit Racing that fits the Boss 302 but part # is different. This is the one, correct?

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
That one from Summit has a different part #, so not 100% sure. Here’s the link to the one that I ordered directly from Fluidyne. They build each to order - I ordered on Dec 3rd and it shipped on Dec 21st. Wasn’t sure where I got that “x” in the part number, but just got home and looked at the box and that’s how it’s listed on the label.

https://www.fluidyne.com/collections/radiators/products/fhp30-05mu3-05-14-3-pass-rad

CDC51C12-222B-40BD-B37B-A102EE7E39F5.jpeg

That one from Summit has a different part #, so not 100% sure. Here’s the link to the one that I ordered directly from Fluidyne. They build each to order - I ordered on Dec 3rd and it shipped on Dec 21st. Wasn’t sure where I got that “x” in the part number, but just got home and looked at the box and that’s how it’s listed on the label.

https://www.fluidyne.com/collections/radiators/products/fhp30-05mu3-05-14-3-pass-rad

View attachment 75156

That looks right.......thanks!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Neither of those look to be 3 pass, at least not in the pictures. You’re looking for 2 welds where plates are inserted in specific places, which neither of these have….but then they may be stock photos that are used universally. When you get the radiator look for one extra weld in each tank that looks misplaced. One 1/3 of the way down on the passenger side and one 2/3 of the way down on the driver side. That’s the tell.

Neither of those look to be 3 pass, at least not in the pictures. You’re looking for 2 welds where plates are inserted in specific places, which neither of these have….but then they may be stock photos that are used universally. When you get the radiator look for one extra weld in each tank that looks misplaced. One 1/3 of the way down on the passenger side and one 2/3 of the way down on the driver side. That’s the tell.
That's how I knew the one I got was wrong.....no weld on one side.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Yeah, the picture on their website is the regular 3 core. I called and verified with Fluidyne when I ordered it - here’s the actual radiator:

B73296B8-D7A1-469D-B957-BED9CF6A2C84.jpeg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Haven’t had a lot to share in the build thread recently, and honestly kinda like it that way because I’ve been driving the car instead of wrenching on it! Cooling mods and oiling upgrades are performing flawlessly. Last 2 track days were 100 degrees by noon. Water barely cracks 200, and oils stays right at 240. Patiently waiting for Cortex to ship the next round of mods. Finally graduating from the progressive sprung KW setup to a proper race coilover. Stay tuned for updates!

Photo dump from this last weekend - all 📸 credit goes to Luis Vivar - LuVshots
_luvshots_ on IG

33BEFE52-F157-4D22-9330-638535F3CF18.jpeg
05DE509A-6FA6-4D93-B396-2C62A3FDAFF0.jpeg
D33725C6-6D0E-47F2-A370-F5007DAA6DB3.jpeg
8E98230C-D5E1-4987-97AC-85E3487FB641.jpeg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Haven’t had a lot to share in the build thread recently, and honestly kinda like it that way because I’ve been driving the car instead of wrenching on it! Cooling mods and oiling upgrades are performing flawlessly. Last 2 track days were 100 degrees by noon. Water barely cracks 200, and oils stays right at 240. Patiently waiting for Cortex to ship the next round of mods. Finally graduating from the progressive sprung KW setup to a proper race coilover. Stay tuned for updates!

Photo dump from this last weekend - all 📸 credit goes to Luis Vivar - LuVshots
_luvshots_ on IG

View attachment 77328
View attachment 77329
View attachment 77330
View attachment 77331
I love it.

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
So much nicer than the same exact 4 shots you get from another place.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
That is a beautiful sight, and are you going to be able to attach one to the driver's door also, haha!

Penskes are a work of art just like MCS, they look so good right out of the box!

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
That is a beautiful sight, and are you going to be able to attach one to the driver's door also, haha!

Penskes are a work of art just like MCS, they look so good right out of the box!
🤣🤣 This picture was straight out of the box! The combination of the aluminum components of the shocks and the Cortex brackets is stunning. Makes me want to mount them on the doors where you can actually see them all the time!

TMO Supporting Vendors