The Mustang Forum for Track Enthusiasts

Track Mustangs Online was built specifically for those who track their Mustangs!

90 db at laguna seca

bob

TMO Race
sfo
I do not know but I ran stock mufflers no center resonator gutted cats twice last year at LS and no black flags on 2019 GT. I am under powered because I have to run a restrictor for my race class. I do not know if that effects the sound coming out.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I know Its not Laguna Seca but we have a 90 db limit down here and it is possible!! Have a 3" custom exhaust with a pair of dynaflow glass packs right after the headers, then another longer set after the Xpipe. flowed that up with a H pipe just to make sure, and At the end, there is a Dynomax Ultraflow muffler... We ended up a fraction over 90DB (90.4). Adding some turn downs to kill the 0.4 Db. Or might just wrap the muffler.

Its a ported and modified Gen1 with 468rwhp so its a noisy beast. On a gen3 with out headers and a big exhaust, should be much easier.

1614094362377.png

rickmortimer

TMO Beginner
California
Time Attack
20+ Years
I know Its not Laguna Seca but we have a 90 db limit down here and it is possible!! Have a 3" custom exhaust with a pair of dynaflow glass packs right after the headers, then another longer set after the Xpipe. flowed that up with a H pipe just to make sure, and At the end, there is a Dynomax Ultraflow muffler... We ended up a fraction over 90DB (90.4). Adding some turn downs to kill the 0.4 Db. Or might just wrap the muffler.

Its a ported and modified Gen1 with 468rwhp so its a noisy beast. On a gen3 with out headers and a big exhaust, should be much easier.

View attachment 62899
Great idea

Thank you

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel