The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

ADM's dropping already ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi guys, my dealer was quoting me $7,500 ADM three months back, today they are saying $5,000 i wonder if the rush has already happened (they say they have sold 6 already and have two on route) and the ADM's are dropping back

I hope so!

I think everyone willing to pay that much markup just before winter has already purchased so demand is low. The initial crazed buyers are gone. I would bet ADMs will go back up come spring, unfortunately. :(

Edited for spelling error.

I paid my last ADM on my Boss.
Money is to hard to come buy and I just can't stomach giving it to a dealer just because he has the item you want it....empty your pockets.
Whats bugs me the most is the manufacture lets these dealers take full advantage of FORD believers..
It's all about #'s and the consumers (you & I ) are not part of those figures.
if you have the cash and its a got to have item. Go for it!
As for the rest of us. Just sit back and relax. Let the big hoopla wear off. every new item from cars to computers, TV or whatever will come down in price. If you feed the GREED it only grows stronger.

Like the sign says at the zoo.
Please don't feed the animals.

I feel better

Unfortunately I am not sure what Ford can really do about it. They can't get away with selling direct since many states have laws not allowing that. Remember the whole Tesla direct sales fiasco? It would be nice if Ford was able to at least cap pricing at the dealer but I don't get the impression that their franchising contracts are anything like a typical chain.

Bay Area
I feel its about about your region. My "GO TO" Ford dealer in SoCal has two coming in and supposedly I am #1 on the list at maybe 1000 bucks ADM. (BOUGHT MY BOSS BELOW COST THERE)
Well now the GM got involved and he wants a 25K ADM on each vehicle. He did come from another dealership that doesn't know how Perry Ford works so he's trying to get his "nut." So I politely told him he was a DOUCHE CANOE and when they don't sale call me and I'll come pick which one I want at cost, or I will wait until another comes along without an ADM. Till then back to turning the Boss into a 302S.

The sad truth is ADM's will be around as long as people are willing to pay them. The stealers saw what they could get away with when the Boss came out & upped the ante for the GT350. I was a willing victim of the Boss ADM frenzy, but never again. If EVERYONE ran (not walked) away when stealers demanded ADMs the stealers would change their tune very quickly. Supply & demand is a stealers best friend..... ;)

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
302BOB said:
The sad truth is ADM's will be around as long as people are willing to pay them. The stealers saw what they could get away with when the Boss came out & upped the ante for the GT350. I was a willing victim of the Boss ADM frenzy, but never again. If EVERYONE ran (not walked) away when stealers demanded ADMs the stealers would change their tune very quickly. Supply & demand is a stealers best friend..... ;)
ddd

Supply and demand is MY best friend. I have purchased Two Ford 4x4s during the fall of the year at Considerable discounts. Why??? Supply and Demand. I then go on to drive the trucks for over ten years. I wanted, they had too many and L saved more than 20% in discounts plus favorable financing. Supply and demand.

byronj said:
I feel its about about your region. My "GO TO" Ford dealer in SoCal has two coming in and supposedly I am #1 on the list at maybe 1000 bucks ADM. (BOUGHT MY BOSS BELOW COST THERE)
Well now the GM got involved and he wants a 25K ADM on each vehicle. He did come from another dealership that doesn't know how Perry Ford works so he's trying to get his "nut." So I politely told he he was a DOUCHE CANOE and when they don't sale call me and ill come pick which one I want at cost, or I will wait until another comes along without an ADM. Till then back to turning the Boss into a 302S.

Was that Alejandro?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel