The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

After Market Exhaust Discs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: After Market Discs

Looks like someone stole Scott's idea for selling discs. Oh maybe this is Scott! ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180682490575&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Yea, that is me. Really the idea to do this came from Steve with the number 9 car, I was just going to cut some for myself and a friend here, guess I owe him for the good idea ;D

Figured I would throw them out there, same price but had to add on for all the fees on ebay. I guess I should not have put the free shipping included in the total, now I can not figure out how to set a lower price on 2 or more sets. Ebay is complicated now, last time I sold anything on there was 9-10 years ago.

These slowed down this week, when I first started this I was getting three requests a day. I figure more people will want them but don't want to order too many and be stuck with them, too bad since I could ask for a better price with bigger orders.

Oh BTW if anyone still wants them here it is the same lower price $26 first $18 for extra sets.

Scott,
I would like a set of disks. I took mine out today and it sounds great. I get an intermittent flutter on acceleration. But since I work on an Air Force base, I don't want to get a ticket driving up to the gate. I think 3/4 should do the trick. Let me know how you prefer payment. Thanks.

zrtcatman said:
Scott

I,m going to order a set of 3/4 once our mail strike is over in Canada....

Jim

Good thing for the strike, I am about 3 sets short of the 3/4 right now! Just let me know and I will get you a set.

STIG302 I think I missed your post? Did I reply to you? if not sorry. I have paypal at sjrsw (at) yahoo.com if you need my address for a check I will send that to you.

Jim
Same thing, I have the paypal so if you want to send that I should get them out tomorrow. They are a few days behind, I was suppose to have them last Thursday, I called to today and they said for sure tomorrow.

$26 for 1 set shipped (US)

2012Boss said:
STIG302 I think I missed your post? Did I reply to you? if not sorry. I have paypal at sjrsw (at) yahoo.com if you need my address for a check I will send that to you.

Jim
Same thing, I have the paypal so if you want to send that I should get them out tomorrow. They are a few days behind, I was suppose to have them last Thursday, I called to today and they said for sure tomorrow.

$26 for 1 set shipped (US)

Scott,
Just got Paypal working.My address should be in the email. Thanks, again.

JBG said:
Thanks Scott. Package arrived today but now I need something to do with them :D

Thank you, at least you got them ahead of time not like some unknown person (won't mention the name of the guy that tracks Boss build numbers with me) that waited until last minute and I had to overnight them to the dealer :D

Just remember it is worth the wait, easy for me to say now but still true ;D

STIG302 said:
Scott,
Just got Paypal working.My address should be in the email. Thanks, again.

Got it thanks, are you sure about the 1 inch? I have them so it is not a problem, it is just that I have not tested and posted any vids of them yet.

You have had a long wait but there is light at the end of the tunnel, a friend here in town order the day after me and his LS does not even have a vin yet, third quarter.

Thanks, I only made two sets of one inch and before I got to test them they both sold. What I was looking for with these is to get the max sound while still cutting out the Jake Brake sound when off the throttle. Right now that is what I get from the 7/8's. I think 1 to 1 1/4 would be about as big as you can go, after that it would be no different then wide open. I have some more one inch coming but if you do a short vid first that would be great!

Gary, you posted on the other site about removing the side pipes. Have you thought about just making some short pipes and pointing them down? Not sure how loud it would be but those and some discs to adjust the sound as needed may be a good way to go. You take off the weight, leave the flow there to take advantage of any HP gain and have some track sound also. There is a friend here in town that wants to do this for his LS, we may experiment with this using my car for now and see how it turns out.

Here's the video. The 1 inch seems a little quieter than being wide open, but very little jake brake. I like it so far. I'm going to leave them in for a while and see if I like the lower level. Kind of got used to the wide open. ;)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxdzfuz74-8[/youtube]

Very good vid, thanks it is nice to hear them back to back. I should do several vids for my ebay listing ::) but do a stock disc then one of the larger discs right after (reverse psychology ;D).

STIG302 said:
I'm going to leave them in for a while and see if I like the lower level. Kind of got used to the wide open. ;)

Still the best way to hear it is driving, when I pulled the discs I loved it at first but quickly decided I wanted something different and not based on sound level alone. Some people really love the wide open sound so you would not be alone.

Yep, I guess I got used to it being wide open. I hope to get some new axle-backs before the end of this year. Then I can play around with the discs. Who knows? I may like the originals with a Roush or Borla solution!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel