The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Aftermarket Wheels

Can we get some pictures of the wheels BMO members have on their Boss 302's? Or the kind of aftermarket wheels they are planning on getting? I haven't seen this topic posted and if there is I apologize for the repost...

I'm considering the following wheels:
HRE P40, RTR, TSW Nurburgring

The HRE's are the ones I really want but they are VERY pricey. I live about 10 minutes away from the HRE factory.
 
That's a big jump from RTR's to HRE's. ;) Another option that's not as expensive as HRE's is CCW's. There are Forgelines's as well. Also look at Forgestar F14's and CF5's. Here's a couple of photos of my FR SVT 19x9 and 19x10 wheels.

P1020843.jpg
IMG_0335.jpg
P1020693.jpg
 
Boss 302S wheels. This photo shows them with Hoosier R6s which are lower profile than the factory tires. I'll be putting my Pirellis on these once I get to the track in a couple weeks and finish off the Hoosiers.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
 
Dig-It said:
Gary, what Pirellis are you going to run on the 302S rims?
Just the factory Pzeros that came on the car for now. They're about half worn at this point....probably 5k street miles. Not sure what's after that. I do have one set of R6s, two sets of slightly used Conti slicks and I just picked up a brand new set of R888s on a set of Enkeis this morning. I'm afraid I'll burn through all 16 of those tires and probably another 16 before I replace my Pirellis ;D
 

Boss3o2

5 DOT 0 said:
That's a big jump from RTR's to HRE's. ;) Another option that's not as expensive as HRE's is CCW's. There are Forgelines's as well. Also look at Forgestar F14's and CF5's. Here's a couple of photos of my FR SVT 19x9 and 19x10 wheels.

P1020843.jpg
IMG_0335.jpg
P1020693.jpg

I am sure you hear this a lot, but man! I love your Boss! Job well done..
 
27
0
Cloud9,

Where did you find the R888's?
Trying to localize a set and preferably to a decent price...

"My" dealer can't find them :(


275/35ZR18 99Y RD 162800
305/35ZR18 162810
 
#299 said:
Cloud9,

Where did you find the R888's?
Trying to localize a set and preferably to a decent price...

"My" dealer can't find them :(


275/35ZR18 99Y RD 162800
305/35ZR18 162810
http://www.tiresdirect.net

Shipment SKU Item Price Quantity Ext. Price
149168 162810 TOYO Proxes R888 305 35ZR18 101Y $290.98 2 $581.96
149168 162800 TOYO Proxes R888 275 35ZR18 99Y RD $238.98 2 $477.96
149168 SHIPPING FedEx Ground $74.81 1 $74.81
Order Total: $1,134.73
 
bulldogracer said:
here is one of my winter mods. I went with the TSW Nurburgring wheels with NITTO INVO tires. Still deciding on color of lugmuts & center cap.

430074_10151384755835291_1397327445_n.jpg


424555_10151384755950291_663465290_23191283_231151100_n.jpg

Hi Bulldog,

what size bronze tsw is that? Also, do you have pictures of the entire car with the tsw wheels? Thanks!
 
5 DOT 0 said:
That's a big jump from RTR's to HRE's. ;) Another option that's not as expensive as HRE's is CCW's. There are Forgelines's as well. Also look at Forgestar F14's and CF5's. Here's a couple of photos of my FR SVT 19x9 and 19x10 wheels.

Rick,

How heavy are those FR SVT wheels? Are these she same wheels that are on the 2011 Shelby GT500?
 
Nice2BEtheBOSS said:
Rick,

How heavy are those FR SVT wheels? Are these she same wheels that are on the 2011 Shelby GT500?
The wheels are 2 lbs lighter per wheel than the stock wheels and are forged. Not super light but the fitment is perfect. They are the same style as the GT500 but are not the same size. The GT500 uses 19x9.5 and 20x9.5. I didn't want 20's and did want a 10" wide wheel in the rear.
 
Nice2BEtheBOSS said:
bulldogracer said:
here is one of my winter mods. I went with the TSW Nurburgring wheels with NITTO INVO tires. Still deciding on color of lugmuts & center cap.

430074_10151384755835291_1397327445_n.jpg


424555_10151384755950291_663465290_23191283_231151100_n.jpg

Hi Bulldog,

what size bronze tsw is that? Also, do you have pictures of the entire car with the tsw wheels? Thanks!

These are the matte gunmetal not the bronze. The bronze to me looked really brown with the kona blue & ugly. I don't have all the hardware to mount them all yet on the car. The sizes I went with are 19x9 +32 & 19x9.5+41. They weigh 22 lbs.
 
I am considering a set of RCIIs, they are discontinued but that just means they are cheaper now. I have always wanted a set but never had a car I could justify the price on. The only issue (besides me being cheap) is that they are 18x9.5 +35mm and I'm worried that isn't enough offset, plus it would have to be a square setup so I would need at least a RSB to correct it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADVAN-JDM-Racing-Wheels-RCII-RC2-18x9-5-35mm-5x114-/280647895433?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4157eb0989&vxp=mtr


Do you guys know the size of the center bore on the hubs?
 
Take a look at these-expensive but very nice. Think I am going with Rennen M7 satin Black/gloss highlights

Modulare B1s monoblock http://wheelexperts.com/_peter/ModulareFTP/Cars/B1_997GT2/B1_GT2_03.jpg
http://www.modularewheels.com/collections.php
Adv.1 Adv 07s http://www.adv1wheels.com/adv1wheels/wheelcollection/ADV7_1.php
http://www.adv1wheels.com/adv1wheels/advgal/porsche/porsche-997tt-adv7-1-2/5410505063_9d1d6c6b56_o.jpg.php

HRE P40S
http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/hre/swap/hre_p40s_ss_ci3_l.jpg (think I sent u a bunch of urls-check p40s on googel images

Rennen m7

http://ultimatewheeltire.com/wheels/rennen/m7-concave.html

http://execstudio.com/products/rennen/wheel_monolicht-series_m7-mesh/index.html
 

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
bulldogracer said:
Nice2BEtheBOSS said:
bulldogracer said:
here is one of my winter mods. I went with the TSW Nurburgring wheels with NITTO INVO tires. Still deciding on color of lugmuts & center cap.

430074_10151384755835291_1397327445_n.jpg


424555_10151384755950291_663465290_23191283_231151100_n.jpg

Hi Bulldog,

what size bronze tsw is that? Also, do you have pictures of the entire car with the tsw wheels? Thanks!

These are the matte gunmetal not the bronze. The bronze to me looked really brown with the kona blue & ugly. I don't have all the hardware to mount them all yet on the car. The sizes I went with are 19x9 +32 & 19x9.5+41. They weigh 22 lbs.

Awesome looking wheels bulldog!
Three questions - 1) Stock Boss wheels call for +42/Front and +45/Rear, did your wheel dealer indicate your wheels have proper offsets for your Boss? ; 2) what did your wheels run? and; 3) are these 19"?

I am really torn between keeping the stock wheels that will be coming on my 13 LS or, getting a set of your wheels. I love the color.

VA Boss
 
bcass57 said:
Take a look at these-expensive but very nice. Think I am going with Rennen M7 satin Black/gloss highlights

Modulare B1s monoblock http://wheelexperts.com/_peter/ModulareFTP/Cars/B1_997GT2/B1_GT2_03.jpg
http://www.modularewheels.com/collections.php
Adv.1 Adv 07s http://www.adv1wheels.com/adv1wheels/wheelcollection/ADV7_1.php
http://www.adv1wheels.com/adv1wheels/advgal/porsche/porsche-997tt-adv7-1-2/5410505063_9d1d6c6b56_o.jpg.php

HRE P40S
http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/hre/swap/hre_p40s_ss_ci3_l.jpg (think I sent u a bunch of urls-check p40s on googel images



Rennen m7

http://ultimatewheeltire.com/wheels/rennen/m7-concave.html

http://execstudio.com/products/rennen/wheel_monolicht-series_m7-mesh/index.html

Seems like we have the same taste in wheels. I like the "mesh" style....
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top