The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Airaid + Nitrous nozzle install help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys and gals,
Installing a nitrous kit on the Boss but having a lil trouble with installing the nozzle. I have a CF PJ intake and refuse to drill it. Wondering if I can just use the hole that's in it. I think that nipple will come off easy but will be too big for the nitrous nozzle. Can I use a grommet and a washer on both sides with a nut? Maybe use some loctite on the nut so it doesn't get sucked into the intake if it gets lose? Ideas? Please advise. Thanks!

4AB4435C-A31A-451B-9546-D4F2D0D561A1.jpg

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I installed a 15/16" rubber plug in this hole when I installed my CF PJ intake system. There is a member here who posted a link for the rubber plug to eliminate this nipple when running a Peterson crankcase vent system.

20150106_214531_zpszspj11ei.jpg

I'll look for the link, and post it if you think this might work for your purpose.

Dave
302 Hi Pro

Thanks! Yes I think that might work but I guess the 2 washers with the nut will hold the nozzle in there? That's my concern.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Cobra700 said:
Thanks! Yes I think that might work but I guess the 2 washers with the nut will hold the nozzle in there? That's my concern.

Well, that would be too risky, you could suck a nut and washer thru your intake system. Just my opinion.

You might be better off buying and machining a TB spacer to mount a nozzle. It just seems a little odd that your kit doesn't have provisions to mount the nozzle.

Are you sure this install won't toast your composite intake manifold or otherwise harm your engine?

Good luck,
302 Hi Pro

From what I know you drill and tap for the nozzle or use a bung.
Drill hole, insert bung with nut holding it in place and then screw in nozzle. Problem is the bung is smaller than that hole. Maybe I should just install the nozzle into the rubber that connects the TB and Intake??

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel