The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Airaid Parneli jones CAI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Tucson302 said:
Oddly that one is for the 2012 only. I didn't realize things were changed for 2013 and of course they are in AZ so I got hit with sales tax as well! But hey shipping is free ;D
the only difference is the hood vent should bolt up in a 2013 just fine. some companys have addressed this with making a deflector to keep water from pouring on the filter. I really like they way that one looks. have to keep telling myself that the steeda CAI is just fine and I dont need it.....buy other stuff....buy other stuff

I'm going to install my Airaid filter. Do I really need to disconnect battery? It says to do it in the instructions but the videos I watched on you tube didn't make mention of it?

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Hpfisterer said:
I'm going to install my Airaid filter. Do I really need to disconnect battery? It says to do it in the instructions but the videos I watched on you tube didn't make mention of it?
no I never do when I pull mine off and on

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Hpfisterer said:

Lawyers

Legal considerations have made "disconnect battery" part of most instructions.

OK. Its installed. I didn't install the cf product. I went with the $400 version, part 451-321. In have to say I'm very disappointrd on how the tube lines up with the filter adapter and the throttle body. If Airaid wants to display the logo on the tube then they should have done a better job in levelling it out. A sticker would have worked better. They should also put a mark on the silicone reducer with a corresponding mark on the tube to take the guess work out on the allingment. It was a pretty easy install but figuring out theaalignment of the tube took some time.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
Hpfisterer said:
OK. Its installed. I didn't install the cf product. I went with the $400 version, part 451-321. In have to say I'm very disappointrd on how the tube lines up with the filter adapter and the throttle body. If Airaid wants to display the logo on the tube then they should have done a better job in levelling it out. A sticker would have worked better. They should also put a mark on the silicone reducer with a corresponding mark on the tube to take the guess work out on the allingment. It was a pretty easy install but figuring out theaalignment of the tube took some time.

Yeah...I wasn't overly impressed with how the intake tube lined up either. Also....it must flow different than the CF unit. I had to install a different base tune than one for the CF intake. Not sure how much difference there is.....I was told that I was running "a little rich" by running the plastic intake on a CF tune. Glad there's experts out there to sort these minute details out. Many Thanks Shaun!!!!!

Wish Airaid would have published an ETA when they put the CF intake on indefinite backorder. I would have waited...now stuck with the plastic unit.

Wayne

If they ever sell just the cf tube with all the connectors I'll upgrade. Did take it for a ride to check everything out. Once op temps came up the check engine light flashed on and off for about a half mile then never came back on. I hope it was just temporary while things settled in. Also that tube sits very high. Its against the hood shroud. I know this because the tube was marked with dirt at point of contact. I'll keep an eye on that.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
Hpfisterer said:
If they ever sell just the cf tube with all the connectors I'll upgrade. Did take it for a ride to check everything out. Once op temps came up the check engine light flashed on and off for about a half mile then never came back on. I hope it was just temporary while things settled in. Also that tube sits very high. Its against the hood shroud. I know this because the tube was marked with dirt at point of contact. I'll keep an eye on that.

https://www.airaid.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=450-974

http://www.jegs.com/i/Airaid/028/450-974/10002/-1

Wayne

TMO Supporting Vendors