The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anthony's Full Build/Mods thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Traction treatment. Typically "Formula V" or other similar brand. Also known lovingly as "Goat Piss", although there may be an actual brand with that name (but I'm not certain).

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Never heard of that. I am pretty sure it may help tires not dry out or something, but refreshing old race rubber is a huge stretch IMHO. Sounds a lot like snake oil, but had anyone ever used it?

It's been around for decades. Started in oval track back in the 80's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Play I'm just curious if he works at all though. It's one of those, seems too good to be true, to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't speak for today's treatments, but back in the day they would work for a number of laps before the tire went completely to shiznit. The sticky part would wear off and leave you with junk. What's worse was that each tire would go bad at a different rate depending on the track and cars setup and how uniformly the treatment was applied, so your handling would change dramatically as tires started to give up one at a time. It was just a variable I never wanted to deal with so I never went there. Again, a lot of time has gone by and I don't know how well today's treatments work, but I bet they still have similar traits although probably less dramatic.

Goat Pee is the local dirt tracker's mixture of banned materials to soften the rubber in the tires so they can be used longer. Fabman is right, it introduces a lot of variables and is illegal at most tracks, if the tire becomes over saturated you can instantly cord them on lockup, but.... you can get some extra life out of the tire, more importantly, if you have a set of tires that have been sitting around, you can bring them back to life.
Someplace on this website is a post I did on just that.

Buttonwillow last weekend. I ran only 1/4 second slower or so than 6 weeks ago. And, I was on Conti's instead of Pirellis and it was 105 out, not 75. The car setup is really coming together and I am able to drive it quite a bit harder. I think I can break into the 1:54's with some cooler temps and maybe some tires that are not scrubs, but we shall see. All in all, super fun.

Had surgery two days ago to remove messed up hardware in my wrist. It went great, but I will be taking a 2 month hiatus.

Here's the video of Session 2 on Sunday. Beamer in front of me was fastest guy there all weekend but I was second to him by only 16/100 of a second.

Nice driving and your car looks hooked up. Are you going to Sonoma on August 25th?

BTW: the 450, Honda, Yamaha, KTM or?

Can't do Sonoma. Had the surgery which was needed sooner than expected. The bone didn't heal and the screw backed out. And the 450 is a Suzuki rmz450. I race motocross in intermediate class but not vet x. I race with the youngins. And I race supersport gsxr1000rr.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
Buttonwillow last weekend. I ran only 1/4 second slower or so than 6 weeks ago. And, I was on Conti's instead of Pirellis and it was 105 out, not 75. The car setup is really coming together and I am able to drive it quite a bit harder. I think I can break into the 1:54's with some cooler temps and maybe some tires that are not scrubs, but we shall see. All in all, super fun.

Had surgery two days ago to remove messed up hardware in my wrist. It went great, but I will be taking a 2 month hiatus.

Here's the video of Session 2 on Sunday. Beamer in front of me was fastest guy there all weekend but I was second to him by only 16/100 of a second.

Driving it like you stole something! Very nice!!

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
I read this whole thread, and the pace that you worked at on you car makes me ashamed of myself. You got more done one handed in a weekend than I can do in a year. I wish you were my next door neighbor. Come to think of it... San Diego is an amazing place to live, so I guess you could be my neighbor (if I could only afford CA).

I read this whole thread, and the pace that you worked at on you car makes me ashamed of myself. You got more done one handed in a weekend than I can do in a year. I wish you were my next door neighbor. Come to think of it... San Diego is an amazing place to live, so I guess you could be my neighbor (if I could only afford CA).

I thank you for the kind words. I now have both hands, but what I've made up for it in dexterity, I've lost in the thickness of my wallet. Now if only all the projects I'm working on start making headway and my amount of money grows exponentially. Watch how fast I move then!

So, Since I am not driving it, thought I would work on it. Rebuilt and got brakes powder coated. Added separate clutch fluid reservoir, bridged heater core (see above) and changed all fluids.

Then got bored and started tearing out the interior. Scraping time is upon me! Wish i knew which wires I can cut and not cut. Some are obvious, others I cannot quite figure out. I would hate if the damn thing wouldn't start. For now, I am just zipIMG_0142.JPGIMG_0143.JPGIMG_0144.JPGIMG_0145.JPGIMG_0146.JPGIMG_0147.JPGIMG_0150.JPGIMG_0148.JPG tying everything. Might be easier to just buy some race harnesses.

TMO Supporting Vendors