The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anthony's Full Build/Mods thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX
You will love this mod. I assume you're installing a Steeda (or similar) spherical bushing? PITA to DIY the stock bushing removal, but well worth the effort. The only penalty is NVH....a lot of differential noise gets transmitted to the cockpit (especially if you also run a UCA w/spherical front bushing). But who cares because *race car*, right?

No we have the BMR upper bushing per Kelly's recommendation in conjunction with upper arm. Eventually yes i see a spherical upper bushing in my future.

Best way to remove the upper rear alxe bushing, long drill bit smaller than 7/16 with a cordless drill. Drill into the bushing from either side, let the drill run around the outside of the bushing, it will pull it out for you and clean the shell at the same time. I have done this on more than one bushing.

Guys, I am going to swap out my oil. I used 5w-50. Since mine is a GT not a Boss, but has the Boss Manifold, a CAI, and tune, should I run a lower viscosity? Not sure on this one as I also only run it at the track. I was just wondering, not having the Boss engine, do you think 5w-50 creates too much pressure?

@Grant 302 will know but I think you're fine with 5W-50.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
The word from Ford Performance is that all Coyote engine variants should use 5W-50 at the track. Easiest way to add oil temp or pressure gauges is with a sandwich plate with the right ports tapped for your sensor(s)

The word from Ford Performance is that all Coyote engine variants should use 5W-50 at the track. Easiest way to add oil temp or pressure gauges is with a sandwich plate with the right ports tapped for your sensor(s)
Thanks for the reply on that one. I will be using 5w-50 and look into getting a sandwich plate. Got some googling to do.

Might also want to look into an external oil/air cooler at the same time, if you're doing anything with a sandwich plate.
I am going to do that as well. What do you guys recommend for a simple temp sensor and gauge. I am not going to go as far as data acquisition yet. I've been spending money like a mad man. I do't need the horses of financial devastation trudging through the clay!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I am going to do that as well. What do you guys recommend for a simple temp sensor and gauge. I am not going to go as far as data acquisition yet. I've been spending money like a mad man. I do't need the horses of financial devastation trudging through the clay!

My horses have been swimming through peanut butter. This is not a cheap sport. :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Aeromotive gauge. Speedhut make some nice custom one too.

For your oil temp, try to get one that goes to at least to 300F.

I have a sandwich plate you can have, just pay the shipping.
Thank you for this. What would shipping be to 91942... San Diego, CA? I have some things I can trade too as I do not need them. I have lots of stuff that I don't think I would be able to sell. E.G, stock sway bars, Horn, Steering wheel with no airbag...stuff like that.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX
I just added the Mishimoto kit to my GT and so far everything is working as expected. I'm heading to the track tomorrow to see real world results but thus far i like it.

20170630_110654.jpg20170630_110713.jpg
Thank you for this. What would shipping be to 91942... San Diego, CA? I have some things I can trade too as I do not need them. I have lots of stuff that I don't think I would be able to sell. E.G, stock sway bars, Horn, Steering wheel with no airbag...stuff like that.
20170630_110654.jpg
Looks like about $15.00 to ship, needs a gasket to go between adapter and block.

Last edited:
@antman450 does your upper control arm make noise?
Everything makes noise. I have spherical bearings everywhere. And yes, the spherical UPR and diff bushing together make noise. I also did a check to make sure everything is articulating properly yesterday. I unhooked the UPR and made sure there was no play in the diff bushing and that is was not deformed at all. Then I removed the springs and ran the axle through its range of motion to make sure it was all good. Only two track days, but if it was binding, there would already be play in it according to BMR. Anyway, many have told me that you should do what I did after installing the diff bushing just to be sure nothing is binding.

TMO Supporting Vendors