The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone not driving their Pony because of the virus?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drano38

Wayne
Anyone leaving their Pony in the coral this spring?
I have.
I've been working from home for about 8 weeks, so have nowhere to drive the Boss. Was at work for about 1 hr today. Talked to the boss, and he didn't mention anything about us coming back to the office full time. Restaurants are able to open back up in SD now, but I don't want to fill the bumper with bugs and need a wash just for a one short drive.
I change the insurance to winter storage and cancel collision, so I feel I need driving opportunities to justify undoing storage insurance.
Of course, Murphy's Law -- we had an early, dry spring, so I could have been getting miles of smiles since early April.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Anyone leaving their Pony in the coral this spring?
I have.
I've been working from home for about 8 weeks, so have nowhere to drive the Boss. Was at work for about 1 hr today. Talked to the boss, and he didn't mention anything about us coming back to the office full time. Restaurants are able to open back up in SD now, but I don't want to fill the bumper with bugs and need a wash just for a one short drive.
I change the insurance to winter storage and cancel collision, so I feel I need driving opportunities to justify undoing storage insurance.
Of course, Murphy's Law -- we had an early, dry spring, so I could have been getting miles of smiles since early April.

Sort of in the corral, but that's only because so far there's been no track days! She's all dressed up with nowhere to go. I just don't see driving it on the street anymore, it almost feels cruel to the car, can't even use 10% of what it can do without invoking the ire of some outstanding citizen or LEO. And just to put a cherry on top of that it's probably been the worst spring in memory for weather. Day after day of cold, cloudy rainy skies.....Dismal and depressing.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Have had her out about four tymes this year and these have been very short drives. I'm in the same boat as @JDee as the car is used mostly at the track and no track days mean little use. Even all the car shows, cars and coffee and Mustang club meetings have been cancelled. Worse yet, you'd think I'd have tyme to work on the car but that hasn't been the case either. Between the longer hours working from home and all the Wife's honey-do projects, I haven't had much tyme to play with the Boss.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
Mine is just hanging out in the garage while I wonder what mod is next. Truck is getting new shocks and rear suspension help. Caddy is sitting on the lift for oil change and tire rotation. I haven't been this disconnected with vehicles since I got my license 50 years ago.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
My Boss in the garage... Rolling shutdowns in our city have made it impossible to get anything done on the engine and now the whole city gets shut for two weeks more. Boy I miss having a romp in the beast!! Its been 5 months!!!!

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Kinda. My daily is an EV and working from home doesn't give me too many reasons to leave the house. If I do, it's because I'm buying something, so the larger capacity of the EV has been what I use to grab the engine hoists, race wings, and even some groceries. I haven't been on a track since January, so trying to make it count the next time I hop into a Mustang.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
A casual drive around the neighborhood and some nearby country roads every week or two, but that's it. I've been working from home for almost 8 weeks now too. When I do start going into the office, it will only be a couple days per week and I'll probably take the wife's vehicle since she won't need it. She took a job working from home full time recently, and the girls don't go back to school until at least August.

Since last September I drove mine once from the shop to my garage..looking to do the Cortex SA Jri’s soon.. thinking about it anyhow lol. Love your corral captdistraction.. A raptor, gt350, and a boss...hot damn! I’ve thought about a zl1 1le next to my boss.. (pls don’t hate me)

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
I've been able to take mine out about once a week. Usually go about 40 miles to a Chick-fil-A drive thru. Lol. There are closer ones but I take the scenic route to that one. Mostly some curvy country roads but there are a few places she can breathe a little deeper...

Still waiting for track days at Pocono or NJMP. Pocono is in Monroe County and it is still in "red" status.

Hell, I'll settle for Cecil County Dragway at this point...

Here are some pics on an excursion a few weeks ago near a covered bridge. It was a beautiful day for a drive.

IMG_20200422_141433334_HDR.jpgIMG_20200422_141413667_HDR.jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
MN
Work has been super busy since this hysteria started. I have yet to drive the Mustang this year. Had 2 track days planned and both were canceled. Hoping 3rd times a charm as I am looking forward to RA in July. Swapped out my stock frt sway bar this afternoon for the BMR with end links as one of my stock ones was already slightly bowed at 1300 miles.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Looks like Rocky Mountain NASA will open up at High Plains Raceway June 27th-28th with registration opening tomorrow. Going to get signed up so the Boss can run free again. Maybe this'll get me working on the car again and getting her track ready.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Hopefully my son will be picking up my Boss S today, so may make an event this month ( late ) or at least in June ----- NASA Central is running an event late this month and another in late June at Heartland Motorsports Park, Topeka, Ks.

TMO Supporting Vendors