The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Battery suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The stock spec battery worked fine for me. What battery are you currently using?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
There may be something wrong with your alternator or charging system wiring.

If everything is OK there, then you might look at other batteries.

I know you aren't looking for a lightweight battery but for reference I use an Odyssey PC680 battery in the car. You can alter the stock tray and strap so it will fit. 30lbs weight reduction. The car does sit on a charger at all times when not at the track so take that with a grain of salt.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XEF3DM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
... I know you aren't looking for a lightweight battery but for reference I use an Odyssey PC680 battery in the car. You can alter the stock tray and strap so it will fit. 30lbs weight reduction. The car does sit on a charger at all times when not at the track so take that with a grain of salt.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XEF3DM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I looked at the specs and this one was the deal breaker- "This item is not for sale in Catalina Island".

Well there goes my SoCal vacation out to the island if I can't bring this in my luggage for use there.

Bay Area
Dude, either your track days are so badass that your breaking your cells, which is hard or you have an electrical issue. Which, I would start at the alternator / charging system. Good luck

TMO Supporting Vendors