The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Black hood, diffuser the works...

175
0
Finally got some decent not great pictures of my car. Too many things done to list here but it has 450rwhp.

P1000015.png
P1000012.png
P1000011.png
 
Nice. Did you make the side splitters? When is the roll cage going in? ;D
 
175
0
5 DOT 0 said:
Nice. Did you make the side splitters? When is the roll cage going in? ;D

The splitters under the doors are CDC same a Roush. Not sure about the roll bar yet.
 
175
0
cloud9 said:
Nice :D What supercharger are you running? Rear brake kit?

GT500 Eaton supercharger on the 4.6 motor. I designed it for the Department of Boost. ;)

IMG_1857.png

I designed and built the rear brake adapter stuff. Those calipers are radial mount mono blocks from a Porsche. I rebuilt them and powder coated them along with the fronts. the mounting allows the calipers to float along with the axles the reason we don't usually see four pots on the rear of SRA cars.

IMG_1854.png
 
175
0
Jza1736 said:
Is that the APR wing?

Yes APR carbon wing I think it is the 200 series not sure as I bought it used. I built the stands and the side fences actually I have built them a couple times each and may do it again.
 

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Moderator
8,523
2,331
Arizona, USA
908ssp said:
I designed and built the rear brake adapter stuff. Those calipers are radial mount mono blocks from a Porsche. I rebuilt them and powder coated them along with the fronts. the mounting allows the calipers to float along with the axles the reason we don't usually see four pots on the rear of SRA cars.
Nice work, man!
 
908ssp said:
cloud9 said:
Nice :D What supercharger are you running? Rear brake kit?

GT500 Eaton supercharger on the 4.6 motor. I designed it for the Department of Boost. ;)

I designed and built the rear brake adapter stuff. Those calipers are radial mount mono blocks from a Porsche. I rebuilt them and powder coated them along with the fronts. the mounting allows the calipers to float along with the axles the reason we don't usually see four pots on the rear of SRA cars.
Dang! I have a 2.6 pulleyed stock Eaton I'd love to sell ;) I wondered if anyone would fit one to the 4.6. Did you have to rework the intake, etc to make it work? What intercooler did you use, one from a GT500?
 
175
0
cloud9 said:
908ssp said:
cloud9 said:
Nice :D What supercharger are you running? Rear brake kit?

GT500 Eaton supercharger on the 4.6 motor. I designed it for the Department of Boost. ;)

I designed and built the rear brake adapter stuff. Those calipers are radial mount mono blocks from a Porsche. I rebuilt them and powder coated them along with the fronts. the mounting allows the calipers to float along with the axles the reason we don't usually see four pots on the rear of SRA cars.
Dang! I have a 2.6 pulleyed stock Eaton I'd love to sell ;) I wondered if anyone would fit one to the 4.6. Did you have to rework the intake, etc to make it work? What intercooler did you use, one from a GT500?

I designed the intake from scratch made a model and then digitized it so it could be CNC machined from a billet. There are plans by DOB to put it on the market in a few months. If everything continues as well as hoped the price should be low enough to do a full install for about $3500. The intercooler is custom made as well and has larger ports and is bigger than the GT500 and many aftermarket coolers. The plan is to sell the intake with the intercooler installed. To offer install of the custom pulley on the Eaton. There eventually will be a web site and forum for buyers to exchange ideas and solutions to work out different ways and combination of parts to do the install. I used mostly 2010 GT500 take off parts. We suspect that once out the price on used GT500 blowers will go up some but there are plenty out there sitting on shelves. Any blower that can be installed on the GT500 intake can be used on this intake as well so there are loads of possible solutions. One could even use it for a centrifugal blower if they wanted an air to water intercooler
 
Very cool. There was a lot of speculation when the GT500 came out on whether it could be done practically and affordably. Looks like you've created the solution. If someone's looking for a deal on a "slightly" used Eaton from an 07-09 GT500 I've got one for sale. I only ran it for a few months before going up to the TVS 2.3L.
 
175
0
TSW Interlagos 20"x9.5"-23.5lbs
TSW Interlagos 20"x10.5-24.5lbs
Tires Invos
Front is 275/35x20"
Back is 315/35x20"
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top