The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bob's Ton of Posts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This wind is just crazy! Steady 20-30mph with gusts well over that all day long. Waiting (dreading) to see what kind of drifts we end up with tomorrow.

Dave_W.....My Dad bought Me My first stereo record player when I was in my teens and The Jimi Hendrix Are You Experienced album came with the deal...Wind, Purple Haze, Was "Hey Joe" on that one??...I guess so..

Last edited:
Enjoying our January thaw in February.......yesterday 30's.....today low 40's with clouds.....Tomorrow 45 to 50 with rain....Friday rain to sleet to freezing rain to snow with temps falling thru the 20's...............no more thaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Son's birthday fling to Miami has been put on hold...Airline called him cancelling flights tomorrow due to icing concerns....My Pit Bull Boys, Galaxy and Peanut will get a reprieve from having to deal with their grumpy grandpa..............I was looking forward to their visit...........:toobad:

Well, latest news...Son's trip to Miami is now a go...icy weather will be moving in later in the day tomorrow than originally predicted...is that a reprieve for me or the boys???.....probably nobody...Galaxy and Peanut will be with grumpy grandpa after all.............don't blink.....you might miss something.............................;););)

It's after 9pm and the Boys didn't get here yet.......Son has a habit of staying up all night before His flight and then sleeping while he's flying.....the boys are not on that schedule...they will be very sleepy when they get here................1643941143460.png

Hon going out to Son's place to feed his fish...ONE....no name....should be "Lonely".....Boys are doing fine here............at least they got names....Galaxy and Peanut!!!!!!!!!!!!!....no respect I tell ya!!!!!!!!!....When I was growing up they gave me hand me downs from my younger brothers...................:banghead:

Just got back from a RT8 Naugatuck run to give the Boss some exercise. RT8 is a 2 lane highway with straights and curves to keep things interesting.The weather is bright sun and temps in the 20's.....a little warmer than yesterday. Saturday we broke records with a temp of 60F, but got 2-3 inches of snow Sunday, when winter returned. We'll be near 60 again Thursday and Friday before another cool down...That's fine with me.......no snow in the 8 days forecast...for now...... I recently found out Son's fish's name is Fred.......Clock on the Boss is a few ticks away from 35K......Hon says " How can that be?... you never go anywhere with it"........anywhere/nowhere are still destinations to me..;):)

Last edited:
I woke up to another wintry surprise this A.M......A couple inches of snow was predicted over nite, but we ended up getting a half inch of hail/sleet topped with some freezing rain. The weatherman advised caution while trying to clear it away.....He equated shoveling it to shoveling cement......How lovely!!!!.....I'll let Mother Nature take care of it, since She put it there.On a brighter note, I just ordered a cordless Worx polisher/buffer with my redemption pts on my credit card........The Boss is way past due for a good waxing and my arms ain't what they used to be......among other things.....:shhh:

I debated about whether or not I should share this here, but thought maybe it might help somebody else one day.....Here goes......2 weeks ago my sense of "invincibility" took a MAJOR hit when I suffered a heart attack.It wasn't like a bolt of lightning striking and knocking me down......It came on gradually, over the course of a half an hour. My chest started feeling heavy with a bit of tightness emerging. At first I thought it might be indigestion (silly me) but the symptoms kept getting more intense. It got to the point where it felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest! I called Hon at her job and She could tell right away I was in trouble and called 911. The ambulance seemed to take forever to get here, when in actuality it was only 7 or 8 minutes. The EMTs did their best to stabilize me and then I was off to the hospital (10 mins away). The culprit turned out to be a 100% clogged artery. The Docs in the ER first tried reaching the clot with their "rotor-rooter" going into my wrist and up my arm. That didn't achieve the needed results so they tried a bigger artery, going thru my groin.That did the trick!!!!!.....al-tho it left a black and blue area the size of Texas....small price to pay for the relief I felt.....Glory Hallelujah!!!!!!!! After 2 days in ICU and 2 days in the general cardiac ward, I was released to go back back home to get some needed rest. You can't get any rest in the hospital.......every few hours somebody is either monitoring your vitals, taking blood samples, giving meds or asking you how you feel. I left the hospital needing to wear a "Life Vest" wearable defibrillator 24/7, only taking it off to bathe. I wouldn't mind it so much except for the monitor/battery pack which feels like it weighs 10lbs.......it's probably 2 or 3, really .Now the Doc (Primary and Cardiac) visits and rehab kick in...but at least I'm around to complain about it LOL.......I did take the Boss out last Thursday for a short spin (no redlines) so I can't being doing too bad. I don't know who this episode affected more deeply....Hon, Son or Me..................................Everybody enjoy your rides thru life and in your cars.....You never know if they will be unexpectedly interrupted....;).............................................................................

Last edited:

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Glad to hear you are out of the hospital & still able to enjoy the Boss. Obey the doctors' orders and let folks help during your rehab. I'm sure all of TMO is wishing you a swift recovery and no further issues. And yes, this is a cautionary tale for all of us.

Pleased this wasn't the big one, though your recovery will probably take longer than Redd's.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
That sucks Bob. I can identify with a similar though less severe experience last fall. Brought on by clogged neck blood vessels due to an idiot eating food that was pretty tasty but potentially very deadly. Didn't affect my heart (yet), but caused a left eye stroke and some pretty severe cognitive issues due to not enough blood flow to the old brain. Very strange what the brain will do when it's not getting fed enough red stuff.

So, heart attack or going half blind and slightly nuts, which is worse? Both pretty bad. I have not needed any invasive surgery like you had, they are slowly bringing things down with meds and a healthier diet. I'm pretty much back to normal now but a lot wiser than before.

I thought I was eating well, turns out not so much. Watch that cholesterol boys, don't kid yourself it ain't happening, it is a silent killer for sure. Those french fries, ribs and wings? Not so good after all.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks for sharing Bob, because as many who frequent this site have found out this is a pretty close an caring community. It is something many enjoy about TMO , people help each other , trade info with each other , and often many of us become good friends, even though it is common for us to seldom or never meet. We care about you buddy and you and others should never be concerned with keeping us ( TMO friends ) aware of these types of changes. Take care and keep us posted and we are glad you are on the mend!!

Son by with the Boys, Galaxy and Peanut ( my Pitt Bull grand dogs). Son took the Boss out to the gym......He now lifts more than I weigh and that's more than I care to say. Due for another GOOD ride in my Boss soon!!!!................I may have stumbled, but I ain't dead yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors