The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bob's Ton of Posts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leaves just turning here. I have an ash tree in my front yard. Beautiful tree but the small leaves make a big mess for six weeks. They get everywhere. Bought a new leaf blower last year and it cleans up my front yard in no time. It’s a Makita cordless with dual batteries and on full power it nearly jumps out of your hand.

It's not called Fall for no reason....I"d rather rake leaves than shovel snow any day!!!!.....oops.snow is a 4 letter word...sorry!!!!!!!!...Rick, Surprised that leaves fall in Cali this tyme of year...it can't be the cold..it must be the sun dimming?

Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Mowed (Mulched) the leaves here too but I have some trees that drop leaves late. A few Colorado Chinook winds will blow those away. Not sure where they end up. Probably in Bob's yard. These would be some well traveled leaves.
Mowing season is over and I have the battery out on a tender. Did my yearly maintenance on the snow blower but am thinking about a plow attachment for the Deere.

Once I got into my 60's..life turned into a new road....before that things were still great and i was still "hummin"..but now stuff comes at you very differently...you'll know what I mean when you get there...Don't get me wrong!!!!!!!...I love my Boss and my heart smiles when I start that baby up and hear that growl!!!Man,I love that car!!!!!!!...And I still have that Pizza passion that I inherited from my Dad................ Life is GREAT, as long as you're there to enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Did my yearly maintenance on the snow blower but am thinking about a plow attachment for the Deere.

This is the way I went with snow removal. I had/have a walk behind blower. Works well, starts with one pull and does a good job. The walk behind can be a workout. Sitting on the tractor....not so much. LOL.

But.....a 47" blower from JD works a lot faster and is much easier to work with. I bought a 4 wheel moving dolly at the home center. In the spring I set the blower on the dolly and can move it anywhere in the shop. Keep the blower clean, grease all fittings before the season and she works great. In 12 years all I had to fix was a shear bolt which sheared when I ran into frozen ice and snow "one" to many times. Who knew you are not supposed to ram a pile of frozen snow over and over again? The should have put that in the Manual. LOL. :rolleyes:

Winter is a challenge no matter what you have to battle it with...just hope you have the upper hand...which is not always the case......I seem to be on the losing end of that battle in recent yrs.............now I realize why so many folks move down south in the winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest fiasco around here...Son filled up my truck with wood pallets to get rid of,Sat that he brought here for his bon fires back when he still lived here.Lo and behold, the transfer station was closed when he got there, so now I have a wood pallet collection in my truck Til at least Saturday.Had the Boss out today to try and find serenity now...........it didn't work.

Had the boys over the last 3 days/nites...Hon really likes them being here! Doc appt for Hon tomorrow for maybe a OK for her to return to work next week with restrictions. Somebody has to bring home the bacon, altho Hon always says I'm full of baloney..........We may be turning the corner here!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Pallet bonfires. Boy does that bring back some unremebered tymes. We had a few of those at Rutgers back in the day and there might have been a few mushrooms and some black Jack being passed around but I can recall us throwing everything laying around in those fires. Aerosol cans, batteries, even bullets. WTF were we thinking? Oh yeah, right, there was no thinking involved in the process.

there was no thinking involved
When Son was getting the wood for his Bon fire party. He had no clue how much he needed. He brought enough pallets for 50!!!! bon fires!!!!!!!!. Don't get me wrong, Son had all the makings for the best Bon fire you ever went to.........He had 2 fire pits, 10 torches, strings of lites, a huge music box ( which police came by to say turn down) a smorgasbord of food and of course the hersheys, graham crackers & marshmallows for making smores. The party ended around 2 or 3 in the morning, but rekindled the next nite with smores again and this tyme 6 pizzas!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors