The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302 floor mats replacement?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

those with the boss floor mat option did it come with rear floor mats?
[/quote]

Nope.

Mine only came with front mats.

Anyhow, I'm using Ford's "All Weather Vinyl Mats" front and rear.

George

askjeffro said:
boss2511 said:
06mach1 said:
I put the Llyod mats in my Boss and the drivers side is all matted down and looks terrible. It doesn't really bother me as I just use them to keep the carpet clean. If I was to show my car I would take the Lloyds out and put the factory Boss ones in.
I wish they would make them like they used to make the 05-09 mats thick and heavy with a real backing. now they are flimsy and cheap like the factory...for the same price.

I just got a set in after everyone raving about them. They seem better than the factory, but they are not as nice as I was expecting based on what I read online.

And now that I got my car, I see that the Lloyd mat for the passenger side doesn't have the holes for the retaining clips like the driver side. :(

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
askjeffro said:
askjeffro said:
boss2511 said:
06mach1 said:
I put the Llyod mats in my Boss and the drivers side is all matted down and looks terrible. It doesn't really bother me as I just use them to keep the carpet clean. If I was to show my car I would take the Lloyds out and put the factory Boss ones in.
I wish they would make them like they used to make the 05-09 mats thick and heavy with a real backing. now they are flimsy and cheap like the factory...for the same price.

I just got a set in after everyone raving about them. They seem better than the factory, but they are not as nice as I was expecting based on what I read online.

And now that I got my car, I see that the Lloyd mat for the passenger side doesn't have the holes for the retaining clips like the driver side. :(
don't know of any that do. Its on the drivers side for safety reasons cause of the pedals

boss2511 said:
askjeffro said:
askjeffro said:
boss2511 said:
06mach1 said:

don't know of any that do. Its on the drivers side for safety reasons cause of the pedals

The factory floor mats do. :) The hooks are there in the '13 (not sure about the '12), just would have been nice if they had used it to keep the passenger side in place too.

Justin

askjeffro said:
boss2511 said:
askjeffro said:
askjeffro said:
boss2511 said:
06mach1 said:

The factory floor mats do. :) The hooks are there in the '13 (not sure about the '12), just would have been nice if they had used it to keep the passenger side in place too.
thats why they arent there on the 12's or older. give it a few months and llyod will probably come out with them

Doh. I wish they weren't labeled as being for the 13's as well.
I doubt they will update, but maybe. Regardless, I have what I have for now.

Justin

askjeffro said:
Doh. I wish they weren't labeled as being for the 13's as well.
I doubt they will update, but maybe. Regardless, I have what I have for now.
probably that way because they fit in the floor pan. they list it 05-13 these days and the 05-09 doesn't have two hooks and the floor pan is of different shape. but it will fit just not great. and if you were looking at a lot of those sites. they kept the original reviews of the older style floor mat they made and carried it over to the newer style...false reviews if you as me.

GA
I bought these plain black Lloyds mats from American Muscle: http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-floormats-1112.html

They are the nice plush kind (I have been seeing on sites that the new mats coming out of Lloyds are starting to cheapen up) and the price is right. They also have the dead pedal flap which was a must for me. They have the two hooks underneath instead of holes to snap in. I decided to go plain since the logos always get ruined before the mat does. If I had a Boss I would just use the Boss mats for shows and use these every day.

PJWANNABE said:
I bought these plain black Lloyds mats from American Muscle: http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-floormats-1112.html

They are the nice plush kind (I have been seeing on sites that the new mats coming out of Lloyds are starting to cheapen up) and the price is right. They also have the dead pedal flap which was a must for me. They have the two hooks underneath instead of holes to snap in. I decided to go plain since the logos always get ruined before the mat does. If I had a Boss I would just use the Boss mats for shows and use these every day.

How are these holding up? Does the drivers mat stay in place pretty good?

I'm going with Coco Mats - dark grey (like the dash) to add a bit of contrast and not show the dirt so much. I made my own patterns to increase the coverage substantially, especially on the passenger side where I went up as high as the stock carpet. I stayed out from underneath the pedals on the driver's side.

I've had Cocos in my last two cars. They're tough as nails, don't slide at all because of their heft and thick rubber backing, look great and are very easy to take care of (just shake out occasionally).

I'll post pics when I get the mats.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel