The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Boss 302 in Chile Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Yup the General did a bang up job. He would be regarded much better except for the stupid physico death squad he let operate. That spoiled what would have been a stellar record and was not needed. Not many people got done in by latin standards, but he could have done military courts and just shot the bad ones. The race is on Sunday, 50 years to the day since the General came to power. Could be interesting..... Our Sept 11 is somewhat different the yours!!!

Odd piece of trivia is that Pinochet got more % of the Vote to stay in office as dictator, then the new constitution did. 43% vs 38%

Delighted that the general population totally rejected the woke/indigenous constitution. Was totally bonkers, would have torn the country apart needlessly. Even the indigenous areas were totally against it! The lefties are in shock :hellyeah: .

Sorry for the rant!!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Yup the General did a bang up job. He would be regarded much better except for the stupid physico death squad he let operate. That spoiled what would have been a stellar record and was not needed. Not many people got done in by latin standards, but he could have done military courts and just shot the bad ones. The race is on Sunday, 50 years to the day since the General came to power. Could be interesting..... Our Sept 11 is somewhat different the yours!!!

Odd piece of trivia is that Pinochet got more % of the Vote to stay in office as dictator, then the new constitution did. 43% vs 38%

Delighted that the general population totally rejected the woke/indigenous constitution. Was totally bonkers, would have torn the country apart needlessly. Even the indigenous areas were totally against it! The lefties are in shock :hellyeah: .

Sorry for the rant!!
We have similar stuff going on here......and its disgusting.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Had a hoot watching that... Its true!! China is coming on strong, what they build is not a joke any more and I wonder when the US will wake up to that. Chinese cars are pretty much taking over the bargain car market down here. And they are actually not as terrible as we once thought. As a miner, I don't even quote US made equipment any more. Yes, the US stuff is 15 de 30% better, but it costs 10 to 20 times more!!!

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Had a hoot watching that... Its true!! Chine is coming on strong, what they build is not a joke any more and I wonder when the US will wake up to that. Chinese cars are pretty much taking over the bargain car market down here. And they are actually not as terrible as we once thought. As a miner, I don't even quote US made equipment any more. Yes, the US stuff is 15 de 30% better, but it costs 10 to 20 times more!!!
Yup, they fought tooth and nail to raise the min wage to 15.00/hr. and predictably businesses closed and the ones that stayed raised prices to cover the additional costs and we ended up paying more for everything. Now they want to raise it to 20.00/hr. for food workers. Some people just never learn...and we have a LOT of them here.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Well almost all set for Sunday. Should be able to try out the car before hand, it still has its street papers!! Very handy for testing and logging. Track temps for Sunday are supposed to be 50 degrees F, but last time it was that cold managed to get a PB, so who knows!

Its interesting driving the Boss with its poor 275 width street tires, they light in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Smart folks, it wasn't even mentioned in the US, you had to go to the backwater media to see anything on it... typical corporate media

Not accurate I read an article on NPR about the populous of Chile voting down the proposed constitution, that it was by a large margin, a resounding message from the people of Chile. Can send a link if interested.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Not accurate I read an article on NPR about the populous of Chile voting down the proposed constitution.
True, I saw it in CNN, BBC and several other news outlets... Even the CBC in Canada had it. It was far to utopian, had me scared shirtless though.. Was looking into costs of shipping the Boss back to Canada.

I'm Hoping that People of a country know what's best for them, if they have a choice (some do not, so to say).......Their vote is important and will be to their benefit!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......Matt, you should run ...................................................................................................next...............................................................................;);)

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
LoL,,, that will be the day!!... Seems that only asshats want to run for office now days. All the decent people don't want anything to do with it.

But the idea of having mandatory voting sure worked down here. Maybe it would make things more level headed up north as well.

Counting the hours for race day!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Looking into the future, I think next season will be with a Magnum XL and wondering if it should be a built one right away? Or wait till it need new syncros....

That, and the appealing idea of a set of Penske shocks, the price drop at Cortex makes them seem like a valid option now, the Cortex SLA front setup and cambered rear is double the price.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Looking into the future, I think next season will be with a Magnum XL and wondering if it should be a built one right away? Or wait till it need new syncros....

That, and the appealing idea of a set of Penske shocks, the price drop at Cortex makes them seem like a valid option now, the Cortex SLA front setup and cambered rear is double the price.
My first Magnum with the blown 3 valve shifted perfect and never missed a beat.
My second one is the grindy one, but I shift it very high with the coyote so its probably self inflicted.
I'm going to dog rings when it comes out this winter.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal

If I had a do-over on the transmission, I would have ordered an upgraded unit from the start. This one from Liberty Gears is $1400 more to start, but long term it will pay for itself for a race-use box. As Sal mentioned, it’s the 7,500+ RPM that stresses the synchros, and this package is setup to handle that from the start.

https://libertysgears.com/our-products/tremec/

816F842D-54E3-4CA7-B4B7-196EFE05EAC7.png

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
If I had a do-over on the transmission, I would have ordered an upgraded unit from the start. This one from Liberty Gears is $1400 more to start, but long term it will pay for itself for a race-use box. As Sal mentioned, it’s the 7,500+ RPM that stresses the synchros, and this package is setup to handle that from the start.

https://libertysgears.com/our-products/tremec/

View attachment 78943
Yeah, like 8200 rpm...sometimes a pinch more.
For some reason that redline shift light is on a lot of the time. LOL.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel