The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Boss 302 in Chile Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Yeah, like 8200 rpm...sometimes a pinch more.
For some reason that redline shift light is on a lot of the time. LOL.
Click the link above and scroll down just a bit for the face-plate option!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Car is all set, gearbox feels good and makes a lot less noise then it did before when it came from Calimar as a stage 3. New heavier Miller nanotec race oil (75W140) felt good from cold so this will be interesting. Bad thing is that the tranny cooler oil pump died for the cooling system as it ate too much syncro sand. Will have a new one for next time.

Starting the car out with the wing at 2.5 degrees with a 3/4" gurney. If it slows me down too much will set the wing to zero for the race. Can't wait to hit the track! Hope all my new camara gismos work this time.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Car is all set, gearbox feels good and makes a lot less noise then it did before when it came from Calimar as a stage 3. New heavier Miller nanotec race oil (75W140) felt good from cold so this will be interesting. Bad thing is that the tranny cooler oil pump died for the cooling system as it ate too much syncro sand. Will have a new one for next time.

Starting the car out with the wing at 2.5 degrees with a 3/4" gurney. If it slows me down too much will set the wing to zero for the race. Can't wait to hit the track! Hope all my new camara gismos work this time.
Go get 'em....

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Well, was a sucky rainy morning!

1662942052584.png

Thats from a track buddies car as he was heading to the track.

The day improved and by the time the race started it was with a almost dry track. But the day ended a little soon....

Case is under review.
I was left with a broken steering rod... the Gt4 with rear end drama.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal

View attachment 79007

The day improved and by the time the race started it was with a almost dry track. But the day ended a little soon....

Case is under review.
Oh no, hate to see (and hear) that! Glad everyone is OK and hopefully easily fixed.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

View attachment 79007

Case is under review.
Well that sucks.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Huh, how in the heck could that be your fault? That was an accident that should be settled super fast as you flatly got hit and I imagine they requested video from both of you?

Sorry man, but that looks quite simple to resolve and tough deal. At least it sounds like your repairs are minor?

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Yup, video was requested and now waiting for the results. Looking back, I should have been more agressive after passing the porsches and then closed the door firmly on them, but that would might have risked a bigger crash.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
That's going to be a tough one, he squeezed himself in there but once he did you kind of moved over on him, but then, that's the line into the corner so it will be interesting to see how they rule on it. I still fault him for not making a safe pass but you are supposed to give him room to race once he is beside you so its probably going to be "a racing incident."
But what the hell do I know...

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel