The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Boss 302 in Chile Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Some body had some pretty bad emotions today!! The GT3Cup cars ran today and this hi-speed drone footage is pretty impressive. Ouch...

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Well my buddies at the shop offered to install higher flow injectors and a pump booster for free so I can try out E85. Found 96% cane Ethanol at a relatively cheap price so might be mixing some hooch after all. Asking Shaun at AED what he thinks and if he can do my tune.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Well my buddies at the shop offered to install higher flow injectors and a pump booster for free so I can try out E85. Found 96% cane Ethanol at a relatively cheap price so might be mixing some hooch after all. Asking Shaun at AED what he thinks and if he can do my tune.
I approve this message.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Cane ethanol? Are you mixing this up for you to drink or the car?

Wonder if the exhaust will smell like rum. 😁
Was in a tunnel the other day and heard someone taching out their car. There's nothing like a tunnel and loud exhaust! Then the smell - somebeech they were running ETOH. I miss that smell when in my car.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
If anyone follows Street Outlaws, NPK. They have had a few incidents with fires this season. In all cases, the cars were equipped with in car fire suppression systems. That’s the good part. Most did not function because the drivers left the safety pins in the pull handles and they either stuck or were bent over to prevent an accidental discharge of the fire control agent. To that end they were successful, no accidental discharges. Also, no discharges and cars burned. All drivers got out just in time to realize a car-b-cue can be expensive and that they were idiots.

The lesson being, if you spent the money on a system, use it correctly.

BS1 is a wealth of knowledge on tires and fires. Check out your systems folks. Do I have what I need? Am I using it correctly?
Stay smart, stay safe!!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Brazil has been doing sugarcane ethanol for over 3 decades, so no surprise it is readily available in your area. What are the Porsche GT4s running and what is the cost? You do seem to run some longer races and do you have a fuel cell now, because burning the alcohol off like a drunk in Vegas could mean you have fuel starvation with the El Crappo saddleback tank. I know it is a convenient trend and motors run cool, but if you are going to do some Enduros or if races tend to run 35-50 minutes , not sure I see any advantage in the long run.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel