The Mustang Forum for Track Enthusiasts

Track Mustangs Online was built specifically for those who track their Mustangs!

Register Log in

S197 BOSS 302 Race Car Build Thread

TMSBOSS

Epic Contributor
Reaction score
Drew

A short trip through the kitty litter is not the worst thing.

You were smoking the field. Firm up the K member and then hope that mod is not outlawed. Lol
Your old parts have a new home. Fronts were joined with a fresh set of JRIs for the rear yesterday. Alignment is finished. Corner balance next week.

Tracy

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Reaction score
There has been a lot going on in life lately so I have not had a chance to update this thread. I will probably get around to that this weekend or during the Christmas week.

The good news is that the OEM K replacement w/ reinforcement is done, tested, and highly effective, and the car is VERY fast.

67GTA

TMO Advanced
Reaction score
@ArizonaBOSS, I know you’re running the T56 magnum xl & Exedy hyper single - are you running the OE slave cylinder? Any adjustments or shims needed? I recall reading some discussions on which slave to use with that clutch, but couldn’t come up with it in a search.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Reaction score
@ArizonaBOSS, I know you’re running the T56 magnum xl & Exedy hyper single - are you running the OE slave cylinder? Any adjustments or shims needed? I recall reading some discussions on which slave to use with that clutch, but couldn’t come up with it in a search.
I am running an OEM GT500 slave cylinder, with a 1" spacer from KohR Motorsports. Works great. I don't know if KohR has that spacer on their website but if you call them (after they get back from Daytona), they should be able to figure one out for you.

jbr3712

TMO Intermediate
Reaction score
ArizonaBoss..After going through this whole thread I was wondering...any plans down the road to go to a newer architecture..S550 or something else? I realize you recently put some amazing parts on your car with the Cortex SLA and cambered rear axle but I’m curious about a few years down the road? Hopefully the answer is No lol cuz I learned a ton from this thread alone.

Thanks

Jeff

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel